We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Homer Farmer's Market

Akron, Ohio
13 posts
Save Topic
Homer Farmer's Market

Will be in Homer on a Saturday in August & wondered if anyone has visited the farmer's market there. In some communities visiting these can be quite enjoyable - how large is the one in Homer?

Thanks!

northwest Georgia
Level Contributor
844 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Homer Farmer's Market

I like farmer's markets, too. Noticed you are from Cleveland.

We visited there last year and loved the Westside Market! I was

sorry we were taking a plane home. I would have loaded up a car!

I don't know about Homer's market, but I'm interested, too.

Good luck on your trip!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
45 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Homer Farmer's Market

Hi I am a little late at replying to this post however.....

The farmers market in Homer is small. BUT, it does have fantastic fresh local produce, eggs, and fruits. Most of the vendors are locals selling things that they have harvested and made here in Alaska which is nice. I have been to a host of farmers markets in other states and this one (Anchorage) where it feels more like a flea market. Two Sisters bakery is there with their wonderful fresh breads (try the one with lavender!) and locally made jewelry, soaps, jams, lotions, potions, and herbs. You will love it. The market is open on Saturdays from 10-2. It is also open from 4-6 on Wednesdays.

Cheers!

Akron, Ohio
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Homer Farmer's Market

Thanks for the replies - we did go the market. It was a very foggy morning the Saturday (August 11) we were in Homer, so we did our laundry (at the WashBoard - I think- very clean and nice staff) across the street from the market. While the clothes were in the washing machine we walked around the market - small, but alot of charm - it was packed by 10 am. They had the type of stuff I personally like to see - local produce and products made in the area (unlike the Westside Market where alot of the stuff is shipped in) - we also wished we could take some home! Then while the clothes were in the dryer we went to the quilt shop next to the market - Seams to Bee (got some great fireweed fabric). My husband liked the farmer's market better :)

4. Re: Homer Farmer's Market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 06:22