We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much to tip?

Minnesota
6 posts
Save Topic
How much to tip?

My husband and I booked a halibut/salmon charter for two day. We will be in Homer July 25-30,2008. We are fishing two days with the same captain. How much do we tip? I good use some good advise.

North Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
639 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How much to tip?

There's a great post about tipping ("great" is in MY opinion ;-) near the end of this thread:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28923-i349-k16546…

Are you on a 6-pack boat, or something larger with more folks fishing? Is the Captain the guide doing all the work, or are there 4 deckhands running around baiting hooks and helping you land fish? There are many variables that will dictate how much of a tip is earned. Don't hesitate to step up to the captain or business owner and ask how they handle tips... it's not a forbidden question!

Happy Alaska Travels!

-Case

Minnesota
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How much to tip?

Thank you for your help.

3. Re: How much to tip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 07:20