We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Homer Salmon/Halibut One Day Charter Mid-May

Which Homer hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
1 post
Save Topic
Best Homer Salmon/Halibut One Day Charter Mid-May

Who runs the best one day King Salmon/Halibut combo Charter out of Homer for around the 18th of May? It will be two 50ish men. Looking for good balance between both types of fish, with having fish on more important than record size of either species. Will be staying in Homer. Will need fish cleaned, vacuum packed, and shipped home, preferably about 10 days later when we get back from our cruise back to Seattle.

Wasilla, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
5,422 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Homer Salmon/Halibut One Day Charter Mid-May

I always go with Big Bear Halibut Charters. They run bigger boats so they can get out to were the bigger halibut are, but they still limit themselves to just six passengers. They are a little more expensive, but in this case you get what you pay for.

When you get back they filet the fish for you and can vacuum bag them for a fee. They also have freezers for storage and can even arrange to have your fish shipped home.

There website is http://www.bighalibut.com

Southaven...
Level Contributor
103 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Homer Salmon/Halibut One Day Charter Mid-May

Big Bear Halibut Charters. They have larger boats and go out futher. I think paying more will work out better for you and you will have a great trip,so go get them big fish and while your at it send me a fish.lol

3. Re: Best Homer Salmon/Halibut One Day Charter Mid-May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2013, 10:22