We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

halibut fishing

Stillwater...
Level Contributor
244 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
halibut fishing

is anyone familiar with Inlet charters, Homer ocean charters or central charters and tours .. for halibut fishing? My husband and I will be there at the end of June are looking for a half day halibut fishing trip, and those 3 were recommended by a local

Wasilla, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
5,661 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: halibut fishing

I always go with Big Bear Halibut Charters when I'm down there, but they are full day charters.

Lake Tahoe...
Level Contributor
9,264 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: halibut fishing

we have yet to get out there and fish - but I would go with your recommendations on a local

Chugiak, Alaska
Level Contributor
2,104 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: halibut fishing

I haven't heard of/dealt with any of those three, but for a half day charter, they are all going to be pretty similar, so you'd likely be fine with any of them. Focus on the size of boat that you want to be on (if you are prone to sea sickness a bigger boat can be a better choice) and ask each of them how many people they put on each boat and how many of those people can be fishing at the same time.

4. Re: halibut fishing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 11:17