We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Homer or Seward fishing?

Which Homer hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Llano, Texas
Level Contributor
20 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Homer or Seward fishing?

If you have a choice between full day combo fishing in Seward or Homer, which one is best? Family of 5, all experienced fisherman but not ocean fishing. Late July or first of August. Thanks for any help!

Seward,Alaska
Destination Expert
for Seward
Level Contributor
3,250 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Homer or Seward fishing?

I think what's more important is to find a long time local captain that knows where the fish are.

The silver salmon should be returning to Seward during your timeframe.

Corona, California
Level Contributor
96 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Homer or Seward fishing?

We have had great success in both ports and there are lots of other activities in both towns.

Cadiz, Kentucky
Level Contributor
1,473 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Homer or Seward fishing?

We went with Central Charters in Homer, and caught our limit of king salmon and halibut. I can recommend them highly, but I know there are lots of others in both Homer and Seward that would no doubt be just as good. Check the reviews (people that have posted more than one or two reviews!) and go out where it works best with your schedule.

Chugiak, Alaska
Level Contributor
2,104 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Homer or Seward fishing?

Exactly what Glacierlady said. Also, with five of you, I'd attempt to look into renting a whole boat just for your group or seeing if a good captain had a 'six pack' available for your days that they could find an extra person for. It may cost a bit more, but you have a bit more control over what you fish for (within reason since it's the captain in charge ultimately, but way more than you would if you were stuck on a boat with a bunch of other people).

If you private message me with what your budget is, I can give some names of the places I've had good luck with in both locations.

Wylie.Texas
Level Contributor
186 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Homer or Seward fishing?

My vote would be the combo trip out of Seward ---- i have done both !

6. Re: Homer or Seward fishing?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Homer