We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bergmann Hotel

Which Juneau hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle
Level Contributor
254 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bergmann Hotel

Does anyone have information about the rooms in this historical hotel? I was able to reserve a "suite" with private bath but it seems so inexpensive.... Help.

North Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
639 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bergmann Hotel

You'll probably want to find someplace else to stay. If a price seems too good to be true, it probably is... (Personally, I don't go near the Bergman.)

-Case

Kwinnypoo
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bergmann Hotel

I had the displeasure of staying at this "hotel" for 4 months. I even stayed in the "suite" for a month.

This place is a run down crack house. It is NOT a hotel, but rather a short term haven for the homeless, drug addicts, and society's unmentionables.

I stayed there for the many months that I did because they allowed pets, and I was planning to leave town and did not want to rent a house for a few months. When I left, they blamed me for the stink in one of the rooms I rented.

The "suite" is the ONLY room in the "hotel" that has it's own bathroom. Snatch it up while you can, because in the shared restrooms, they are filthy, only "cleaned" once a day" and DO NOT HAVE SOAP TO WASH YOUR HANDS!!!! Nor do they have toilet seat protectors. DISGUSTING. The room also had a filthy microwave and a phone that did not work.

The second room was much larger than the other rooms, but smelled of cat urine and kitty litter. The floor was DISGUSTING (it turned my shampooer water BLACK), and the mini fridge was covered in food, and smelled of rotting cherries. We found drug paraphenelia in the drain (a broken "tooter"-- a device to inhale the smoke from meth)

The public showers were covered in soap scum and grime, and the shower curtains were broken. The tiles in one of the showers are cracked and some are missing, and the drain is always dirty. Also, used shavers are left in the shower, posing an extreme health risk.

The night staff was HORRIBLY unfriendly and had POOR hygiene. Not to mention when we "checked in", we sat in what they call a "lobby", which is just two chairs and a plant, for upwards of a half hour before being serviced.

And for ALL THIS, they charged me 400/week (1600/mo!!), when really, that place should have been 1/3 that price for the crap I had to deal with.

I would NEVER stay at this place again, frankly, if it was that last place on Earth.

3. Re: Bergmann Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 01:19