We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mendenhall and Whale Watching

Which Juneau hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
US
5 posts
Save Topic
Mendenhall and Whale Watching

My wife and I want to go whale watching in Juneau this May on a Princess Cruise (Diamond). Are any of the tours better than others? Also, would you recommend combining whale watching with a trip to Mendenhall Glacier? Is it worth a special trip? Thanks.

North Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
639 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Mendenhall and Whale Watching

Check the Juneau "Inside Pages" right here at Trip Advisor. There's a complete run-down on whale watching operations here in town, including info on the major differences between the tours.

You'll get MANY people here that recommend Orca Enterprises or Harv & Marv... both give excellent tours, but so do all of the operators in town. (Remember, the tours that do the most volume of passengers will always have the highest number of recommendations AND complaints written about them!)

Once you've read the "Inside Pages," post here with any questions about a specific tour.

Oh, you asked about Mendenhall also... it's worth a stop just because you won't be able to drive that close to any other glacier. The visitor center is wonderful for a quick walk-through. I usually spend about an hour out there when I'm showing friends around. Since it's literally right on the way to or from your whale watching tour, I wouldn't spend much extra money on a "combination" tour, and I don't think I'd want to do business with any of the companies that charge extra for a drop-off that really is on the way... (but then, that's just my opinion.)

Happy Alaska Travels!

-Case

Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
33 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mendenhall and Whale Watching

What are the "inside pages"? I've tried to search this on TA, with no luck.

Yukon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mendenhall and Whale Watching

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g28923-c4682/Alaska:U…

4. Re: Mendenhall and Whale Watching

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 04:17