We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Helicopter Tour

BratTee1
Level Contributor
54 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Helicopter Tour

Coastal vs Temsco?

North Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
639 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Helicopter Tour

What about ERA? Have you ruled them out already?

It's a simple comparison... look at the amount of time in the air, the amount of time on the ice/snow, and any other activities (dog sledding, guided trekking, etc.) then compare price once all else has been determined to be equal.

All 3 companies have great safety records, super customer service, and about the same variety of tour options.

Happy Alaska Travels!

-Case

BratTee1
Level Contributor
54 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Helicopter Tour

Sorry what is ERA?

Nevada
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
483 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Helicopter Tour

I researched and all 3 seemed to be highly recommended.

I ended up choosing Coastal because the trip that I am going in May I use Orca enterprises for morning tour and helicopter in the afternoon in which Coastal was recommended by Orca and also booked through them. I figured the 2 tours will be co-ordinated better by booking at same place.

North Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
639 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Helicopter Tour

ERA Helicopters is the third helicopter company operating glacier flight seeing tours in Juneau.

Orca Enterprises, Alaskan Marine Adventures, and (I think) a few others will co-book with Coastal Helicopters... (they pay a nice commission for bookings!) The above assumption is correct... it does help to have one company dealing with coordinating your shuttle trips.

-Case

BratTee1
Level Contributor
54 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Helicopter Tour

How about North Star Trekking?

North Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
639 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Helicopter Tour

Oops, apologies to NorthStar for not mentioning them. They do some great glacier trekking tours, I just don't think of them as the usual "tourist glacier flightseeing trip"... Good company, I rarely have time to go on any of their longer treks.

-Case

BratTee1
Level Contributor
54 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Helicopter Tour

Thanks for the info out of the ones listed any recommendations. Don't want one that is really crowded, more personable.

North Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
639 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Helicopter Tour

there will only be 4, 5 or 6 guests per helicopter anyway... Crowding is not an issue. Just compare the tours then go with what fits you schedule best.

- Case

9. Re: Helicopter Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 09:19
Get answers to your questions about Juneau
Recent Conversations