We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mendenhall glacier transportation

Leawood, Kansas
Level Contributor
51 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Mendenhall glacier transportation

We are on a budget and was thinking of taking the big blue bus to the glacier. I think it's around $14 RT..does anybody know if I can buy the tickets when I get there or do I have to reserve a time? thx

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
17,571 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mendenhall glacier transportation

When you get off the ship there will be a series of small stalls on the dock pushing all sorts of trips. Look closely for one displaying the MGT sign. There is no need to book in advance at all, and the bus departs from right near the rain gauge, right near where the stalls will be.

The cost a few weeks ago was $14 return, and it runs every hour, with last pick-up from the glacier at 6:00 pm.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
24 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mendenhall glacier transportation

I will not be getting off a ship in Juneau. I will be staying at the Breakwater Inn. Sounds like I can just walk over (if not too far) or take some form of transportation...and buy a MGT ticket. Is that correct?

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
17,571 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mendenhall glacier transportation

Yes.

4. Re: Mendenhall glacier transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 13:16