We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waiting List on Cruise side trips?

Which Juneau hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
150 reviews
Save Topic
Waiting List on Cruise side trips?

We have been put on a waiting list for two side tours in Juneau.

Has anyone had this experience? How likely do you think we will be able to do tours?

Yukon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waiting List on Cruise side trips?

What are you wait-listed for? I assume you're booking through the cruiseline, as waiting lists are not common with independents here. I'd book something else so you know what you're doing - trying to find a quality excursion at the last minute isn't easy.

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,215 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Waiting List on Cruise side trips?

I agree - book something else through the cruiseline that you can cancel for find a similar tour that you can book independently. I find the independent tours are excellent with absolutely no concerns of "getting back to the ship on time."

John

Cadiz, Kentucky
Level Contributor
1,473 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Waiting List on Cruise side trips?

I agree with John - check with the independents. We did all of our tours independently - at less cost, fewer people, and what we felt were better tours. Let us know what you're interested in doing, and we can lead you to the best sources. And don't worry about getting back to the ship on time! These vendors know they have to have you back on time or they'd have no future business! The only people who have ever missed a ship in AK, were shopping - NOT on an independent tour.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Waiting List on Cruise side trips?

We are on the wait list for Mendalhall Glacier and the Glacier Garden tour a combo tour.

Are there independent agents that offer this combo tour?

5. Re: Waiting List on Cruise side trips?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 05:32