We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whale Watching - RollCall

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Whale Watching - RollCall

My Husband and I have arranged a Deluxe Whale Watching for 21 Sept 2008 with CanCanCase.

The trip is 3 hours from 3.00 PM costing US$150 per person. He needs a minimum of 4 persons for the trip to go ahead.

Details can be got from his website - www.Charter-Alaska.com - look under Pricing and then for Deluxe Whale Watching.

Hope you can join us. Please contact Case directly.

We are on HAL ms Veendam.

Juneau Whale Watch
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Other Outdoor Activities
Gastineau Guiding Company - Juneau's Premier Guiding Company
Boat Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Other Outdoor Activities
Harv and Marv's Outback Alaska
Boat Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Private Tours
Adventures in Alaska
Boat Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Private Tours
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,152 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whale Watching - RollCall

I'm not an expert, but isn't that a bit late for humpbacks in Alaska? I don't know how late into the season orcas stick around.

North Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
639 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Whale Watching - RollCall

Orcas are hit or miss anytime in Alaska. The best chances of an orca encounter are out of Victoria or Seattle. As for our humpbacks, they don't even begin their southbound migration until October/November, and we have plenty of animals that stay near Juneau year-round. September is a GREAT time to visit the marine wildlife on Juneau.

Happy Alaska travels!

-Case

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
65 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whale Watching - RollCall

Ditto that... We saw numerous humpbacks in late September 2 years ago. Our small boat was surrounded by them at one point.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,152 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whale Watching - RollCall

Thanks for that follow-up. I wasn't sure, especially since the humpbacks start showing up in Hawaii in December.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
24 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Whale Watching - RollCall

We saw lots of humpback whales in mid July in Juneau Alaska. That was 3 weeks ago.

Zichron Yaakov...
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Whale Watching - RollCall

Last week we spent 4 days aboard the CanCan with Case and his deckhand Jan, and there are no words to describe how much we enjoyed every minute.

The hospitality was so warm. Case arranged everything for us (i.e. lodging for the nights, food on deck/ on shore, trips, some fishing experience etc.), and Jan was responsible for the hospitality while cruising.

We just got back home a few hours ago, but I felt I really have to post this recommendation. No doubt this was the best portion of our 2 weeks trip. So if any of you has any doubt whether to go for it - just go for it! I'm pretty sure you won't regret it. :-)

(In a few days I'll post a trip report here on TA).

7. Re: Whale Watching - RollCall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 03:16
Get answers to your questions about Juneau
Recent Conversations