We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 excursions 2 ambitious?

Which Juneau hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
33 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
2 excursions 2 ambitious?

Hi all,

I'll be in Juneau from 12-10:30 pm for one day in August.

I've been researching the excursions and am really torn between Harv and Marv's whale watch and a helicopter to glacier trip. I can POSSIBLY squeeze in both (I've already talked to Harv & Marv), but I don't know if this is too much for one day? Do you think it's best to stick with one excursion and spend the rest of the day enjoying the town?

North Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
639 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 excursions 2 ambitious?

Nope... go for it! I've done many jam packed adventure days here.

Happy Alaska Travels!

-Case

Alaska
Level Contributor
787 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 excursions 2 ambitious?

Go for it! You will have a blast.

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
9,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 excursions 2 ambitious?

Yes, go for it, if you'd like, I can give you a link to our helicopter/dog sled trip from this past summer (one of our party did the heli/glacier tour, those pics are there as well).

My advice (which I gleaned from the heli outfitter) is to book your helicopter as late as possibly so the clouds/fog have time to burn off.

New York
Level Contributor
33 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 excursions 2 ambitious?

that'd be great! i can't book the helicopter tour through my cruise because they're all too early. does anyone know what's the latest time the helicopters go out? is it 5pm?

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 excursions 2 ambitious?

Here's who we went with...

flightseeingtours.com/content/index_eng.html

I contacted them by e-mail to make arrangements and to get all questions answered.

Here's some pics...

…shutterfly.com/share/received/welcome.sfly…

After you click to view, you can click to enlarge.

Enjoy!

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
16,134 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 excursions 2 ambitious?

Sorry to intrude on your thread, Millie.

Beth, that photobook is priceless. Beautiful photos, and very well done indeed. Thanks for sharing.

Iowa
Level Contributor
459 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 excursions 2 ambitious?

I second the comment on the photo book. It is awesome! What a great way to preserve the memories. I have thought about doing that, but have never gotten around to it.

Beth, would you share where you got the book put together?

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 excursions 2 ambitious?

Thanks for all the nice comments on the book...

I put it together on Shutterfly, when I was finished, all I had to do was hit the button and choose what we wanted to order (We ordered it as a 12x12 coffee table book, it's beautiful. Not cheap, but it looks just like a book you'd buy as a memory of where you were, only WE'RE IN IT!!!).

It took evenings and part of one weekend for about 2 weeks to put it together. Once I got the hang of it, I was able to work around the upload time.

www.shutterfly.com

We're headed off for another adventure next week, if you'd like to see that book when we get back, send me a PM.

Let me know if you put a book together, I'd like to see!

Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
38 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2 excursions 2 ambitious?

Thanks Milly for your question, and thanks Beth for that FABULOUS photo diary - that is absolutely outstanding. We are cruising to Alaska for a mere 7 days, but after reviewing your adventure, I can see we will probably want a return visit sometime in the future. WOW! I would love to see your next adventure too. We spent a month in SEA and you have inspired me to create my own work of art. Thanks also to those who responded to Milly - we are wrestling with decisions on what to see each of our days in Kethikan, Juneau, and Skagway (although I think were a set for the Whitepass there). Too many great options, one mere day in each!

10. Re: 2 excursions 2 ambitious?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 15:18