We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi fare from Mendenhall Glacier to Glacier Gardens

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
346 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi fare from Mendenhall Glacier to Glacier Gardens

Does anyone know approximately how much it would cost for a taxi from the glacier to the gardens? I thought we could take the shuttle to the glacier and then take a taxi to the gardens and then the bus back to town. I think we have plenty of time to do this. If we took the cruise ship excursion it is only 3 1/2 hours for both places total and I didn't think that would be long enough. If we went on our own we could stay as long as we wanted. What do you think?

North Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
639 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi fare from Mendenhall Glacier to Glacier Gardens

Should be about $10-15 unless you get a cabbie who likes to milk their meter!

Happy Alaska Travels!

-Case

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
346 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi fare from Mendenhall Glacier to Glacier Gardens

That sounds reasonable. Thanks

3. Re: Taxi fare from Mendenhall Glacier to Glacier Gardens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 05:25