We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do with luggage in Juneau

Which Juneau hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
169 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
What to do with luggage in Juneau

We are flighting to Gustavus from Anchorage via Juneau. We have the whole day in Juneau. Do you think Alaskan air will hold the bags the whole day while we play for the day in Juneau. If not would it be work having care since no airport has lockers anymore?

haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,025 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do with luggage in Juneau

Even if they would allow it, I would not trust leaving your bags with Alaska Air.....in fact, it may be a violation of some sort......I would just rent a car for the day to explore Juneau and take your bags along with you......

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
169 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do with luggage in Juneau

Thanks for the input.

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,104 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do with luggage in Juneau

I too would consider a car rental. If that is too expensive for you, there are two hotels near the airport that *might* hold your luggage - Extended Stay is right across from the airport and another two blocks away (I can't recall the same). I would phone them ahead of time and if they say yes to storing your luggage, get the name of the person you talk with and tip well.

Juneau, Alaska
Level Contributor
258 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do with luggage in Juneau

If you are flying to Gustavus, the air service you are flying with should be able to hold your baggage for the day. I know that Air Excursions will do that, and I would expect Wings of Alaska to do the same. If you will be traveling on Alaska Airlines summer-only jet service, that's not likely.

5. Re: What to do with luggage in Juneau

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2011, 05:17