We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aspen hotel - special pricing

Which Juneau hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,050 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Aspen hotel - special pricing

According to our local newspaper, the new Aspen Hotel in Juneau is offering bargain rates for stays prior to June 15, 2012......$89 a night......hmmm, I feel a shopping trip coming on.......

haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,050 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aspen hotel - special pricing

Oh no.....major typo....should have read "JUNE 15, 2011".....

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,375 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aspen hotel - special pricing

Rats, mombear. You were getting my hopes up for a trip later this year or next June :-). Great rate.

Adirondack, New York
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aspen hotel - special pricing

I need lodging in Juneau for three nights in July and I just checked out Aspen Suites Hotel and right now rates are $149.00 and $164. I hope mombear you'll be able to go to Juneau before June 15 and pay only $89.00. Do you like a location of this hotel? I'm still looking for a decent lodging.

Edited: 03 June 2011, 16:55
haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,050 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aspen hotel - special pricing

Hi Places.....haven't seen the new Aspen yet, but it looks like they are on Airport road which is by the airport (imagine that !)......anyway, it's a good location, quite a few restaurants to walk to Canton House for great Chinese food, Donna's has good breakfasts, MiCasa at Travelodge is hit and miss, depending on who's cooking......looks like the rooms at the Aspen have a small kitchenette which is really handy........it is about 1 mile +/- walk to Fred Myers, cross the highway at the McDonalds to find the foot / bike path there for a safer route than walking the highway (those people drive like nuts over there...).....or 1/2 mile walk the other way to the Safeway........Make sure the Aspen has a shuttle to take you to the ferry, they may even have a regular shuttle which will drop you downtown and pick you up at a later time.......some of the motels near the airport do..........

Or if you have your own vehicle it is a good location to drive over to Mendenhall Glacier..........I don't think any of the motels offer shuttles that go there.........

Also check out the used bookstore in the Airport Shopping Center run by the friends of the library, very well ogranized and most paperbacks are only $1 or less......I always stock up when I'm in town........

Ketchikan
Destination Expert
for Ketchikan
Level Contributor
2,246 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aspen hotel - special pricing

Places, as we've mentioned many times on this forum, all lodging in Juneau is hit or miss and mostly miss. Go with the lowest price if you have a car or best location if you don't. More and more I am appreciating the Driftwood...yeah, the rooms are little depressing, but at least they are reasonably priced, super well located, next to a fabulous restaurant and the free shuttle service really pays off. I also like the Travelodge quite a bit and it's in a good location and has some shuttle service. There is no great hotel in Juneau and they are all relatively expensive for what you get. I wanted to see the new Aspen hotel this week until I priced airfare from Ketchikan....$181 each way....for JUNEAU? OUCH! Maybe this fall.....

Juneau, Alaska
Level Contributor
366 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aspen hotel - special pricing

aspen hotel is over behind GCI/AlaskaUSA Mortgage and in front of the new Alaska Litho building; caddy corner to the Wings of Alaska hangar & moose lodge.

Adirondack, New York
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aspen hotel - special pricing

Aspen Suites hotel does not have a shuttle and breakfast is not included.

We are traveling with our own car. I like Aspen's kitchenette suites, laundry room, proximity to Fred Meyer, Safeway and the ferry. Although from Diver's description it looks like the hotel is in commercial area.

I secured one lodging in Juneau with deposit of $150.00 in November so I wouldn't have to think about it any longer and focus on other details of our itinerary. About two weeks ago I got e-mail informing me that the cabin we reserved won't be ready for our arrival. The deposit was returned promptly but that is not a point. The day of our trip is coming soon, I have all lodging arranged and now I have to find a place to sleep in Juneau. We are going to be there for 3 nights between visiting Glacier Bay NP and Sitka. I'm trying to find something no too far from the ferry terminal because our ferry to Sitka sails at 7 AM. I don't want to think how early we have to get up that morning.

I'm trying to decide between Aspen Hotel and Travelodge. Both hotels do not provide breakfast. Travelodge has a shuttle, Aspen doesn't . Aspen has a laundry room, Travelodge doesn't.

Edited: 04 June 2011, 14:44
haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,050 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Aspen hotel - special pricing

Travelodge also has an inddor pool and hot tub......no kitchens, but fridge and microwave........

9. Re: Aspen hotel - special pricing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2012, 05:17