We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Juneau car rental

Level Contributor
6 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Juneau car rental

My husband and I would like to rent a car in Juneau; he lived there about 26 years ago and we would like the flexibility to see how things have changed. We will only have one day; coming in from a princess cruise on May 30 and I am not able to rent one near the dock. If we rent a car from the airport location; does anyone have suggestions as to how we could make this work? I tried searching the forum but much of the info seems to be outdated (rent a wreck is no longer located in Juneau according to their website). Thanks for any help!

haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,076 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Juneau car rental

http://www.juneaucarrentals.com/

Port Colborne...
Level Contributor
3,603 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Juneau car rental

the above link is the new name, they are 3/10 of a mile from the pier. I have reservation for Sept. ;-)

Alhambra, California
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Juneau car rental

Used them last year, they were great and friendly. Cars are older but they run well and price is very competitive.

Juneau, Alaska
Level Contributor
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Juneau car rental

Also, Avis now has a desk in the lobby of the Goldbelt Hotel in downtown Juneau, about a 10 minute walk from your ship.

Zellwood, Florida
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Juneau car rental

We rented from Juneau Car Rental May 2nd (Carnival Miracle) and we loved them! Awesome ladies there that were very helpful. We got an older Subaru Forester ('99 I think) but it ran great and was clean. Very reasonable rate and great on gas. We will be repeat customers! (and the short walk to their lot wasn't bad at all)

Cherry Valley...
Level Contributor
13 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Juneau car rental

There is a closer Avis about 1.5 km from port. We will be renting from there in August when we arrive in port.

-D

Level Contributor
6 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Juneau car rental

We had a good experience, probably with the same car! The walk there was about ten min, and uphill; not to bad, but if anyone in your party has mobility problems I would leave them at the pier.

Whitehorse, Canada
Level Contributor
320 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Juneau car rental

Just got back. It was a nice car, REALLY cheap (relative to Skagway), and they'll pick you up wherever you want. In our case, they picked us up at the glacier. My brother dropped the car at their office and they drove him back downtown to his hotel.

Bluffton, South...
Level Contributor
5 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Juneau car rental

Just rented a car from them last week. We were on a cruise ship that was sailing at 4PM and wanted to make the most of our day. Their office was a 10-minute walk from where our ship was docked. Picked the car up at 8AM. They were so nice and our car (an older Chevy Impala in great condition) was ready, with a map all marked up with suggestions on what to see. Gave me great advice as to what would be the best use of our time. We were a party of 4 and our rental + gas cost the equivalent of 4 R/T bus tickets to Mendenhall Glacier! Juneau is easy to get around and we were able to see a lot, drove up the coast after visiting Mendenhall, then drove around the whole downtown area. My husband accidentally left his good hat in the car, and they were nice enough to ship it home to us. Definitely would rent from them again.

Amherst, MA
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Juneau car rental

Friendly and reasonable rates. They were very flexible with drop off and pick up. Older cars but they worked fine. Great way to get around Juneau and the valley.