We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus service

Clanton, Alabama
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
bus service

I am thinking of taking express bus to the glacier then city bus to walmart/cruise ship dock. Has anyone out there done this? Or does Walmart have a shuttle to/from cruise dock?

haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,087 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bus service

No WalMart Shuttle......

You cannot catch the city bus at Mendehall Glacier.......the closest stop to the glacier is about a mile away......local buses are used by Juneau-ites who do not have cars and are often crowded with folks trying to get to / from work or to Freddies/ Walmart to shop.......The city buses stop often and take forever to get anywhere, I certainly would be wasting valuable vacation time on one of the buses.......

Have you considered renting a car for the day?......you could drive out to the Glacier and many of the other places on your own time schedule aaaannnd still have time for Walmart (try hard not to be too disappointed if you go there, it certainly is the the hallmark of Walmart stores)........

Clanton, Alabama
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bus service

Thnx for your advice. Got a rec for car? Do any have a location at the dock?

haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,087 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bus service

http://www.juneaucarrentals.com/

I believe there is an Avis located downtown also........

The rest are out at the airport and you would need to take a taxi to get out there.......

4. Re: bus service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Juneau
Recent Conversations