We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tracy Arm Cruise

Which Juneau hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tracy, California
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Tracy Arm Cruise

We will be in Juneau for 3 days next July and wanted to do the Tracy Arm cruise. Are there any suggestions as to which cruise we should book?

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,104 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tracy Arm Cruise

There are only two companies max that still do this tour on a regular basis - Allen Marine and Adventure Bound. I have taken the tour twice with Adventure Bound. Great tour, but beware that sometime their office staff can be quite incompetent. So confirm, reconfirm and re-reconfirm the reservation in advance.

Placerville...
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tracy Arm Cruise

I took Adventure Bound tour last Sept (i just replied to a Tracy Arm tour question in forum). On the advice of others on forum, I too, also triple checked my reservations and had no problems. However, we took it on Labor Day, 2013 and it was the very end of tourist season and there were only 12 of us that day. I'd hate to see what it's like during the height of tourist season! It was enjoyable however i expected the staff and owner to be abit more informative to all of us about the local flora and fauna. I had to ask lots of questions of them cuz they didn't say too much. Mother Nature can be fickle too; our weather was lovely but very little iceberg calving on the day we were there. We did see a young black bear, so that was nice, but i also wanted mountain goats and more wildlife. Happy Trails!

3. Re: Tracy Arm Cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2015, 07:18