We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Red Dog Saloon with kids?

Rapid City, SD
Level Contributor
753 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Red Dog Saloon with kids?

Is the Red Dog Saloon considered more of a family friendly(ish) sports bar restaurant that allows under 21 or is it more of a true bar/lounge unfit/illegal for minors? I wasn't able to find restrictions on their website so assuming okay...

haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,105 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Red Dog Saloon with kids?

Not okay, it's a bar.......

Rapid City, SD
Level Contributor
753 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Red Dog Saloon with kids?

Okay - wasn't sure since they sell food. So I guess that was my question are they really a bar or more of a restaurant. Most of our bars that also sell food around home consider themselves more of a "sports bar" and are considered family friendly type restaurants most of the day but do not allow kids at a certain point at night or just become a little more rowdy & less kid friendly environments in the evening. Thanks.

Lake Tahoe...
Level Contributor
9,264 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Red Dog Saloon with kids?

Is usually crowded jammed packed with tables. They serve food. Would not call it a sports bar. Don't think any children would enjoy it anyway

Rapid City, SD
Level Contributor
753 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Red Dog Saloon with kids?

Yep got that. Like I said, their website didn't really provide a clear answer and pictures can be misleading, so was going for the what do locals do answer. We would've liked to stop with our 15yo son for a quick bite just to say we were there if it was more of a sports bar but obviously its not so we will now bypass. Thanks.

Sturgeon
Level Contributor
530 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Red Dog Saloon with kids?

Go to the adjoining Red Dog Saloon gift shop, then stick your head in and take some pics. after that cross the street, walk a block or so and eat at Tracy's crab shack. Not cheap, but some of the best crab you will eat

6. Re: Red Dog Saloon with kids?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2015, 06:18