We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Juneau Schedule - doable? ideas

Illinois
Level Contributor
138 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Juneau Schedule - doable? ideas

Our Cruise ship stops at tracy arms 10 - 10:30 as a service call -- I understand that's to let people off for an all day boat tour? Then cruise ship arrive at Juneau 1PM - 10 PM, after looking at other posts here is my tentative schedule.. (We aren't interested in any flying activities).

When off the ship catch the Blue Bus (there is also another) either should be close by? - takes us to parking lot of Visitor Center at Mendenhall Glacier. - Sounds like we don't actually walk on the glacier - there is a visitor center and the Nugget Falls we can walk to. I take a lot of pictures. There is also Stoney Creek Trail in the same area) 2 Hours at Mendenhall (it's probably around 3:30 p.m. then when we head back to town.

If a nice day take the tram up Mt. Roberts. Price? There is also a glacier gardens?? Any musuems open nearby after 5 p.m.?

Then spend time shopping in the immediate area near ship?

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,545 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Juneau Schedule - doable? ideas

Who is "we"? When are you going? Chances are if you don't take the small boat optional excursion through your cruise line you won't see the Sawyer Glaciers at the end of Tracy Arm. The larger cruise ships just can't get very far into the fjord.

If there are more than two of you (even if there are two of you), you are probably much better off renting a car vs. taking the "blue bus" to Mendenhall. Then you can also drive yourselves to glacier gardens if interested. Another interesting place to drive is past Auke Bay - the road goes +-40 miles north and is very scenic with a chance of seeing whales (though a whale watching tour will get you much closer to whales).

Illinois
Level Contributor
138 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Juneau Schedule - doable? ideas

Wasn't planning on doing the Tracy Arms Boat ride - Think that takes the whole day? Not sure I'm that interest in the gardens just another possibility to spend some time and came upon their website.

3. Re: Juneau Schedule - doable? ideas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Juneau
Recent Conversations