We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bear viewing kenai

Which Kenai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
chicago
Level Contributor
16 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
bear viewing kenai

We are planning a trip to the Kenai Peninsula in mid August. Would anyone know if Wolverine Creek or Crescent Lake would be a better choice? Also can anyone compare Talon air with Alaska air? We would like to combine bear viewing with fishing. These trips are much cheaper than out of Homer. Any advice?

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: bear viewing kenai

I have heard good reviews about Talon Air, but have not used their services myself.

This is a thread about one group's experience with Talon, and there's some pretty good pics of their trip:

bloodydecks.com/forums/alaska-british-columb…

If this link doesn't work, check out bloodydecks.com and do a search for Talon. I have also received good feedback,word of mouth, from some friends who book their clients with them.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bear viewing kenai

There are 4 companies listed in the Soldotna Tourism web site. Be sure to look at the details of the trip when you compare each company. ie how long is the trip? how much time is spent viewing? view from a boat? hike?

…soldotnachamber.com/list/…bear-viewing.htm

I haven't taken the flight but have read many trip reports that mention High Adventure Air, Talon and Natron. (don't recall Alaska West). Your best bet is to do a search in the Alaska forum and read what travelers have said about each company. Next to the SEARCH IN box, type "high adventure air", using the quotes. Do the same with each company.

3. Re: bear viewing kenai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2011, 06:19