We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to spend last two days in Kenai

Boston
Level Contributor
303 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
How to spend last two days in Kenai

Plan arrive Alaska in early September. Have planned out the trip but last two days in Kenai.

Sept 7: Seward

Sept 8: leave Seward

Sept 9: back to Anchorage at mid-night to catch up red-eye flight back home

How to spend last two days in Kenai? I am thinking driving from Seward -> Copper Landing -> Soldotna -> Homer and then head back to Anchorage on Sept night. I am also interested in bearing viewing but keep low cost in mind. I heard Russian river has opportunity for bear viewing. Is there any hiking trail an lead there? Where I should stay night on Sept 8? In Copper Landing, Soldotna or Homer?

Thanks,

-T

Lake Tahoe...
Level Contributor
9,264 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to spend last two days in Kenai

The distance from Seward to Homer is about 175 miles and the return to Anchorage is 225 miles. This should help you make your mind up.

USA
Level Contributor
9,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to spend last two days in Kenai

There is the Russian River falls trail out of Russian River campground at Cooper Landing.

USA
Level Contributor
9,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to spend last two days in Kenai

Are you only spending one day & one night in Seward?

If so, stay there for the next night. Lots to do around Seward.

Boston
Level Contributor
303 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to spend last two days in Kenai

I will stay two nights in Seward (Sept 6 and Sept 7). Regarding Russian River falls trail, will the time (Sept 8) is fish run and possible to see bears there?

USA
Level Contributor
9,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to spend last two days in Kenai

I would have to say that only the very lucky see bears at the falls & many of those that do are the first hikers up in the early morning. But it really is the luck of the draw.

I don't know much about the silver run that time of year since we have always been back in Anchorage working for the school system that time of year, going down to the Russian for the first 2 earlier red salmon runs.

6. Re: How to spend last two days in Kenai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2013, 06:16