Hi Y'all ( in a very friendly southern drawl ) We ( 2 adult couples ) will be arriving in Seward on June 14, 2013 post a cruise. We are only able to stay about 5 nights on land post cruse due to time and budget, but we are planning a inland land tour in 2014 since we know we will not be able to do all we want. We would like to visit the Kenai areas , Denali then fly back home from Anchorage. I have read tons of the forum and I am looking at:
1. Friday June 14, arriving in Seward, renting a car,touring Seaward ,the glacier, maybe a cruise, then heading to Kenai for 2 nights.
2. Sat, June 15 trip to Homer with lots of stops along the way then back to Kenai for the night
3. Sun, June 16, a car trip to Captain Cooks State Park, then a side trip to Hope, on toward Denali *** need suggestions where to stop
4. Monday, June 17 Complete travel toward Denali, tour area around
5. Tues June 18, Bus tour of Denali then head toward Anchorage, *** open for suggestions if this would work
6. Wed, June 19 Fly out of Anchorage.
*** We know this will mostly be a sight- seeing car tour, which we plan to explore more and have more land time in 2014 (without a cruise) but we really can not go on the cruise without a few days on the land. We love to ride and look, sight wildlife, we are not hikers or fishermans but would love to explore beautiful sights and historic areas.
Questions : is Kenai a good stoping point for the first 2 night, Is plan doable, Your thoughts welcome. Should we turn the car in Anchorage on the way to Denali and rent another car? Thanks