We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ketchikan - guided fishing and wilderness dining

Which Ketchikan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
lanny1
Level Contributor
13 posts
Save Topic
ketchikan - guided fishing and wilderness dining

Has any one done the guided gishing and wilderness dining excursion in Ketchikan. You have 4 per skiff or boat, you fish then have a campfire meal prepared with the fish you caught. Sound like fun, I was wondering about the misquitos in the woods?

North Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
639 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: ketchikan - guided fishing and wilderness dining

Do you happen to know who the vendor is for this tour? I've done several trips that all have similar descriptions and all in different ports. Knowing who is running this one will help narrow the reviews...

Happy Alaska Travels!

-Case

Ketchikan
Destination Expert
for Ketchikan
Level Contributor
2,245 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ketchikan - guided fishing and wilderness dining

I wouldn't worry about the bugs...hypothermia, maybe! Seriously, it's been so unusually cold and wet that I haven't seen a bug all summer. Think I got two "no see um" bites about two months ago and it is far colder now. We are having one of our wettest and coldest summers on record and I wouldn't plan any outdoor excursion that requires eating outside. Fishing or kayaking, where you are active and in raingear, possibly. Sitting around...no way!

lanny1
Level Contributor
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: ketchikan - guided fishing and wilderness dining

The guided fishing and wilderness dining excursion is through Norweigian Cruise Lines at the Ketchikan port- We are planning to go in June 2009 - hopfully the weather will be better then.

If anyone has done this excursion please let me know.

North Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
639 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: ketchikan - guided fishing and wilderness dining

The tours aren't actually conducted by NCL, however... NCL just contracts with a local vendor or broker to get you on the boats/vans/bikes/buses/etc... Do you happen to know the actual vendor or guide?

-Case

5. Re: ketchikan - guided fishing and wilderness dining

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 12:26