We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Misty Fjords Flightseeing

Which Ketchikan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Phoenix
1 post
Save Topic
Misty Fjords Flightseeing

I will be going to Alaska in August on my first ever cruise. I'm booked on the Coral Princess, and one of the excursions they list for Ketchikan is the Misty Fjords flightseeing tour. Has anyone been? Is it worth it or are there better tours not offered by the cruise line?

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Misty Fjords Flightseeing

I have taken a flight tour of Misty Fjords. It was beautiful. However, I don't usually get motion sickness, but was wishing I had taken something as I neared the end of this tour. I booked mine independantly, combining it with a fabulous kayaking trip in Ketchikan. As I understand it, there are a few tour operators who fly the Misty Fjords. It would likely save you money to book directly with the companies instead of going through the cruise line. You can find a wealth of Alaska information at www.cruisecritic.com , (select boards and then Alaska).

jq
Sacramento, CA
Level Contributor
661 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Misty Fjords Flightseeing

There are lots of independents who fly into Misty Fjords. Michelle of Island Wings, Southeast Aviation, Carlin Air are just a few that I have flown or know are recommended. Some may have 2 for 1 coupon, so check to see if feasible. Michelle gives a good long tour with lots of different scenery and used to land on small lake and let you out on island for break and photos. Some only do pontoons.