We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do

Which Ketchikan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Honolulu, Hawaii
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What to do

Going On a cruise mid sept. my husband and I are in our mid 30s. I was wondering what would be the most exciting thing to do to see the most of the area and the scenery. Im trying not to do more then one expensive excursion and there are so many choices and Im not sure what to pick to get the most out of It. I want to do something fun that will keep us busy. I was looking into the float planes and crab feast is that one any good. It seems like a pretty short flight. Are there any kayaking trips or adventure type of stuff that Is worth the money. Any recommendations would be appreciated!

Ketchikan
Destination Expert
for Ketchikan
Level Contributor
2,237 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do

You really haven't given me enough information about yourself to make a recommendation. There are dozens and dozens of excursions in Ketchikan. A few dozen of them are exceptional, from the George Inlet Crab Feed to the Bering Sea Fisherman's Tour, flight seeing, fishing, kayaking, zip-lining, all come to mind, but only you know what appeals to you. Of those things, fishing and kayaking are the most typically "Alaskan" if either appeals to you. All are expensive. You can have an absolutely wonderful day for virtually no cost exploring our local museums, beaches, totem parks and fish n chips places which is how I always entertain guests. Ketchikan has more historic buildings than any place in Alaska and we print up a marvelous "walking tour map" of the historic sights each year.There are great hiking trails a short cab ride from the docks, a waterfront bike path that starts near the docks for a memorable walk. What interests YOU???

Honolulu, Hawaii
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do

Those are great recommendations. I guess I was pretty vague. I like adventure and I enjoy the beauty if the outdoors. My husband wanted to do this snorkel excursion to you know anything about that? What about the gloat planes, are they worth the money? We're doing kayaking at the lake in Haines as I'm really hoping to see a bear. Can you rent mopeds or anything? I want something unique as I may never go back to Alaska again. Thank you:-)

3. Re: What to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2014, 05:16