We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anywhere to buy salmon?

Which Ketchikan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pacific Northwest
Level Contributor
428 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
anywhere to buy salmon?

We've been here for three days with one day left. Nothing has really worked out well (I will save the depressing details!) We would still like to bring some salmon home. Is there anywhere that sells the vacusealed salmon for a decent price that we could buy in bulk? (50# or so) we have already gone way over budget trying to get fish and don't want to go home empty handed. :( I hope someone can help!

Ketchikan
Destination Expert
for Ketchikan
Level Contributor
2,237 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: anywhere to buy salmon?

I know this is an old thread now but the answer is likely Good God Seafood on Tongass Ave. just before you get to the mall if driving from downtown.

Duluth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
5,062 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: anywhere to buy salmon?

Really sorry to hear your fishing didn't work out well BilleJo. Hope you can post some details... Maybe we can help for next time, or at least help the next person avoid some misfortune:)

Duluth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
5,062 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: anywhere to buy salmon?

Really sorry to hear your fishing didn't work out well BilleJo. Hope you can post some details... Maybe we can help for next time, or at least help the next person avoid some misfortune:)

florida
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: anywhere to buy salmon?

I realize you've probably gone home by now, but for others who may read this post, we did find a great place to buy really good salmon at very decent prices. It's the Salmon Market at 200 Main Street, Ketchikan.

(The cruise shopping guy recommended another place called Salmon Etc. because it had buy one get one free deals, but we didn't like their salmon so much and didn't find the buy on get one such a great deal in the end.. It was mostly boxed rather than shrink wrapped (fresh, not frozen). Skip Salmon Etc. and go to the Salmon Market instead!)

Dominic and Jacob at the Salmon Market are super friendly and informative. They let you taste everything, and not just little meager nibbles on a cracker. At one point, Jacob was finger feeding me little mounds of salmon faster than I could eat. They are enthusiastic and enjoy what they do and what they sell. They do negotiate and will ship free if you buy more than $150 which is easy. Be sure to try the COLD smoked salmon and compare it to the HOT smoked salmon. Love the COLD! But get some Hot too! They charge the same price per pound if you buy one pound slabs or half pound slabs. This is especially nice if you're buying a variety and don't want to open a full pound just for a one night appetizer. They say the shrink wrap was never frozen and will last for 5 years if you don't open the package. Eat within 5 days after opening. When I was leaving with my 4 pounds of various kinds and sizes of shrink wrapped salmon, Jacob picked up a sockeye salmon pate can and threw it in my bag for free. Nice experience, good salmon, good prices.

5. Re: anywhere to buy salmon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2015, 06:18