We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Growing webbed feet in Kodiak

Kodiak Island...
Level Contributor
643 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Growing webbed feet in Kodiak

Well, it must be May because it's been raining non-stop for several days now. And not just a slight drizzle, but heavy soaking rain. Those of us that live here are used to it - but we can't say we like it!

Had a cruise ship in yesterday and the town (despite the rain) went all out. They had bus services for the cruise passengers and all the local businesses that normally close on Sunday were open.

Crab Festival is getting nearer. It starts the 22nd and runs through Memorial Day. The signs are up at the spit, telling people when to have their cars out of the area. It's the 50th Crab Festival and we're all expecting/planning great things. Now lets hopw we get a little sun!

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
251 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Growing webbed feet in Kodiak

I'll remember not to visit Kodiak in early May then! Hope the sun is out for the Crab Festival. Have a good one!

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
37,960 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Growing webbed feet in Kodiak

head north!! It is a gorgeous morning here in the Denali area - hardly a cloud in the sky. Of course, there was a thick frost, so I can't say the really warm temps have arrived, but it should warm up nicely today - am hoping for a quick green up!

Man - would I like to go to your Crab Fest!! :)

Kodiak Island...
Level Contributor
643 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Growing webbed feet in Kodiak

I told you, Coalminer, head on down for the Crabfest! I heard a little bird saying that ERA and Alaska are having $79 specials from Anchorage. I don't know if that's one way or RT, but still - not a bad price!

Just remember to bring your rain gear! In Kodiak we play whether its raining or shining!

(I'd offer to put you up but my spare room is filled to the brim with unfinished craft projects!)

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
37,960 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Growing webbed feet in Kodiak

Well if I could come, you would have to move out the crafts, because I just checked 3 websites for hotels, and everything is booked! But man oh man would I love to eat that crab - and explore somewhere I haven't been before. You know how busy May is though - I have some major yard work to do in the next few weeks - May is one of those months that seems about a week long because it just flies by! But I will seriously think about doing that someday and will give you notice long before! :)

Kodiak Island...
Level Contributor
643 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Growing webbed feet in Kodiak

I hear you about May - where does it go???

I'm a land manager and handle commercial operations on my corporations land for fishing & hunting guides. Between the bear hunters in April and king season starting June 1 life gets totally insane in May. But then, that's just Alaska, right?!

6. Re: Growing webbed feet in Kodiak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 20:16