We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diving in Kodiak

Keller, TX
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Diving in Kodiak

My hubbie and I are heading to Kodiak in a couple of weeks. We'll have a couple of "non-fishing" days, and would like to try something different. We're divers but have never dove with dry suits or in very cold water. Does anyone know about what the diving is like in Kodiak and/or have a contact person/shop we could talk to before our trip?

Thanks in advance!

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Diving in Kodiak

we just moved here and my hubby hasnt been brave enough to try diving here yet, after coming from hawaii. i know there is one local shop, next time i drive by i can get the name for you. we havent gone in their yet though.

Kodiak Island...
Level Contributor
643 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Diving in Kodiak

Julie,

People here do dive. The local dive shop is called Scuba Do. They are located at 2012 Mill Bay Rd (one of the main roads) and about halfway between downtown and Wal-Mart. Their phone # is 907-486-2960. Their website is: http://www.scubadokodiak.com/

They rent everything you will need - their website lists all the rates. I'm sure they are the best ones to talk to about diving. You might also see if you can touch base with a CG rescue swimmer around here. They can probably give you the best info about currents and safety in these waters.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Diving in Kodiak

thanks for postin that, was just about to give the link! sorry my baby keeps me so preoccupied, takes me awhile to remember things haha.. hope you guys have fun if you go, remember to post about your experience!

Kodiak Alaska
Level Contributor
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Diving in Kodiak

Scuba do is a wonderful dive shop. The instructor Verlin is great. I am waiting to do my first dives in Kodiak . I can not wait there is also a dive club.

5. Re: Diving in Kodiak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 19:19