We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is this a good place to stay?

las vegas, nv
1 post
Save Topic
is this a good place to stay?

We have a reservation at the russian heritage inn. Is it an ok hotel? Are there any restraunts nearby?

How far is it from the harbor? This is my first time to Kodiak. Plan on staying 3 days 2 nights May 19 thru May 21. The crab fest starts the 21st. What will there be to do that day? could someone pleas reply to my questions? Thank You Cathy

Kodiak Island...
Level Contributor
643 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: is this a good place to stay?

Cathy,

I honestly can't tell you that I know anyone that has ever stayed at the Russian Heritage Inn, but I will do some checking and get back to you.

The hotel is downtown, right near McDonald's and walking distance to most of our restaurants, including Henry's (kind of a sports bar, Applebee's style place), Peking Sizzler and 2nd floor (chinese & Sushi) and El Chicano (Mexican).

The hotel is only a block or two from the harbor - super easy walking.

The CrabFest starts at noon on the 21st and all the booths should be set-up (we all live for the food during CrabFest) and the midway. I don't know what events they'll have that day, but there's sure to be something. You can check the Chamber's website, www.kodiak.org for the schedule of events. They usually have a link that takes you to just Crabfest stuff. Be sure to get your plate of king crab legs for $15.00. They are caught by a local fisherman and he has he booth every year - wonderful!

Pack for all kinds of weather - you never know what it will be like in May. We've had crabfest's where we were in shorts and tank tops and others that we were in layers and raingear and still freezing.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Erin

2. Re: is this a good place to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 00:18