We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hatcher Pass

Cadiz, Kentucky
Level Contributor
1,473 posts
133 reviews
Save Topic
Hatcher Pass

Is there a camping area near the mine?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1 post
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hatcher Pass

The state park is simply wonderful. Don't know if there's camping, but if you contact the Indepndence Mine state Park, I'm sure they can help. The Hatcher Pass lodge is right at the park; it';s not luxurious---chemical toilets, for example, in the cabins--but the location is great. Be sure to get a four-wheel drive vehicle if you do the pass road---the rental car contracts forbid normal cars from using it, although it's not that bad if you don't mind risking paying for an oil pan or windshield our of your own insurance.

Adirondack, New York
Level Contributor
3,971 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hatcher Pass

Yes.

Check this link

…state.ak.us/parks/aspbro/charts/matpalm.htm

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
115 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hatcher Pass

cjnky,

I don't know if there is an camping area near the mind but we stayed overnight on a pullout between the sign for Musk Ox Farm and the road to Independence Mine.

kygirl59

Mentioned in this post
Musk Ox Farm
Musk Ox Farm
343 Reviews
Palmer, AK
4. Re: Hatcher Pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Palmer