We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PPP u-pick farm

Ann Arbor, MI
Destination Expert
for Michigan, Ann Arbor
Level Contributor
2,167 posts
176 reviews
Save Topic
PPP u-pick farm

Hi--this is a question to bluewaterfever or anyone else who might know. We really like the u-pick farm option for some produce on our trip, but I'm wondering what might be in season in late July/early August. Is this a good time to plan a visit to the farm or would there be too little in season to make it worth the stop?

I'd made some notes about farmers markets we'd be near, but hadn't thought of a u-pick farm too.

Thanks much for the idea!

4 replies to this topic
Estero, Florida
Level Contributor
1,254 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PPP u-pick farm

will depend somewhat on weather but I am sure if you call them, they can give you an idea. it was pretty wet last august and some of their fields were closed due to standing water. best I can say is to contact them about 2 weeks or les than your trip time to see what is on the menu

Anchorage, ak
Level Contributor
20 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PPP u-pick farm

if you look up on their web page, you can see what will be ready to pick, as well as a price list...

Adirondack, New York
Level Contributor
3,971 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PPP u-pick farm

Bring your rubber boots when you go there. It was muddy when we went in August and all vegetables were covered with mud. It wasn't really enjoyable adventure not only because of muddy vegetable but also not too many choices. The Farmer's Market on Friday in Palmer across from Visitor Center is great but again there are not as many vegetable choices as, for example, in Sitka. At least vegetables sold in Palmer’s Farmer’s Market are less expensive than those sold in Wasilla on Wednesdays

Chugiak, Alaska
Level Contributor
2,104 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PPP u-pick farm

Here's their web page where they post what is ready now. Unfortunately, they don't post when they last updated, so you may want to call them.

The lack of sun this Summer has been messing with a lot of people's fruit and veg, so there may be less this year than usual.

Reply to: PPP u-pick farm
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Palmer
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor