We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing and Lodging in Soldonta in July 2008

Which Soldotna hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
23 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Fishing and Lodging in Soldonta in July 2008

We are booked with Tim Berg's Alaskan Fishing Advertures. Staying at their lodge called the SeaScape Lodge. Does anyone have any experiences to share about this fishing charter and/or the lodging. I can't seem to find anything on it on TripAdvisor.

New Orleans
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing and Lodging in Soldonta in July 2008

I've fished with Tim Berg before, but not stayed at his lodges. My friends that live in AK say they're great though. We are staying at both of his lodges, Grande Alaskan Lodge for a Halibut trip, then SeaScape Lodge for a King trip. Will be there June 10, 11, 12, 2008. I understand they are just awesome. Pictures at:

alaskanfishing.com/inlet-view-fishing-lodge.…

Have fun.

Seward,Alaska
Destination Expert
for Seward
Level Contributor
3,250 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing and Lodging in Soldonta in July 2008

WOW....They are expensive!! I could think of better ways to spend $1900 and cheaper places for lodging and to go fishing. I hope that's not pp but I bet it is. Yikes.

Texas
Level Contributor
23 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fishing and Lodging in Soldonta in July 2008

Thanks fishingbill. I see you are in New Orleans. I'm from there too. I'd love hear how your trip went when you get back. We are doing 2 Days of fishing in Seward, staying at the Grande Alaska Lodge and then 5 days fishing at Seascape Lodge in Cook Inlet. I booked this trip for my husbands 50th birthday gift. So to be honest, I have no idea what we will be fishing for and where. But I'm going the biceps so I can reel in a big one myself! : )

Glaserlady; Ours is actually $3695 per person. OUCH! This will be our first trip to Alaska. But it seems like everyone has a wonderful time there, so I assume it won't be our last trip. Do have some other charters and lodging that you would recommend? My only issue with lodging is that I am NOT the roughing it type. LOL This fishing for 7 days is going to be a stretch for me. But I'm sure it will be great.

Seward,Alaska
Destination Expert
for Seward
Level Contributor
3,250 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fishing and Lodging in Soldonta in July 2008

OMG! I'm speechless or shall I say finger is frozen!

Texas
Level Contributor
23 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fishing and Lodging in Soldonta in July 2008

You're scaring me glacierlady. Is that really bad? I thought I'd done my homework. I did book before finding TripAdvisor though. I didn't find anything on trip advisor about the lodgings we will have or Tim Berg's Fishing Adventures. Fishingbill is the first person I've found that's fishing and lodging with them too. I'll be sure to write a full detailed review when we return from our trip.

Texas
Level Contributor
23 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fishing and Lodging in Soldonta in July 2008

I forgot to say when our trip is. We are fishing July 15 thru July 22. Maybe that is the reason for the higher rate.

Seward,Alaska
Destination Expert
for Seward
Level Contributor
3,250 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fishing and Lodging in Soldonta in July 2008

Do you know where or what your fishing for?

Just for an example in Seward, you can go on an all day fishing boat charter for $200-$300 pp depending on what your fishing for.

Lodging I used to think was spendy till I see what yours is costing...In Seward you can expect $125- $250 per night and that would sleep more than one person.

The food better be fabulous. Maybe there a special things like flights to remote locations that add to the cost.

Sorry if I sound negative...I prefer to save where I can to spend on other activties. I could have lots of fun with $1900. ;) A 7 day cruise can be found for $600 including meals!

Texas
Level Contributor
23 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fishing and Lodging in Soldonta in July 2008

No, you don't sound negative at all. You sound like you know what you're talking about. That is the reason I love TripAdvisor, we can find great info. I just wish I'd found it sooner. But since it's already booked and paid for, I hope my hubby has a blast.

I found the itinerary they sent me:

(2) Multiple species charter out of Resurrection Bay

(1) Upper Kenai River Trophy Trout charter (catch & release)

(1) Kenai River Salmon charter (1/2 day charter

(1) Kasilof River Salmon charter

(1) Giant Pacific Halibut out of Cook Inlet

While I have you, do you know anything about the GrayLine Denali Sampler train tours? We are doing that July 11, 12 and 13th.

Seward,Alaska
Destination Expert
for Seward
Level Contributor
3,250 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fishing and Lodging in Soldonta in July 2008

Anything that has tours or combo type wording for package deals in it tend to scare me. Seems most of the time it can be done on your own cheaper, without commission being made. Make sure you know what your getting before purchasing.

To be honest I'm really disappointed in the multi-species fishing in Resurrection bay you've quoted. The good halibut fishing requires a 2 hour boat ride to get out of the bay where the schools are. The beginning of July is too early for silvers. Hmmm

Catch and release...dang you can't eat them or take them home. :(

I hope you have a fantastic vacation. Please come back and give a review afterwards.

Texas
Level Contributor
23 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fishing and Lodging in Soldonta in July 2008

Fishing Bill, I'm dying to know how your trip went with Tim Berg's. Did you stay in the new lodge or the older one? What was the weather like? Any good tips on what to bring?