We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Soldotna Lodging & Salmon Fishing

Orange County, CA
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Soldotna Lodging & Salmon Fishing

My brother and I plan to be in Soldotna in mid-July for Salmon fishing. The lodging info in the Soldotna forum seems outdated. Any recommendations for a nice place to stay? Kenai River Lodge? Kenai River Raven? Wandering Moose? Also, would it make sense to stay at a lodge and get a package deal ... lodging and fishing? I'm sure you can tell, this is our first trip to Alaska.

Any help would be appreciated.

4 replies to this topic
Kasilof, Alaska
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Soldotna Lodging & Salmon Fishing

Hard to believe you never received a reply to your post. I'm sure you've planned your trip by now by perusing the reviews available here and elsewhere. If you need any further information, please feel free to post a reply.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
225 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Soldotna Lodging & Salmon Fishing

Hi Boppa - suggest you try Longmere Lake Lodge for accommodation. Of all the places we stayed at during our trip to Canada and Alaska last this was without a doubt the best of them all. For the Salmon Fishing try High Adventure Air (which is just across the lake from the lodge) - we went with them and had a great day. Cheers from Australia

Kasilof, Alaska
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Soldotna Lodging & Salmon Fishing

And, if you're still actually in the hunt, I'd consider heading a little south to a more quiet location, Kasilof. www.crookedcreekretreat.com is a great place. Very well run and in the hear of the Kenai, Kasilof and fly out fishing.

Edited: 10 May 2011, 01:46
Kasilof, Alaska
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Soldotna Lodging & Salmon Fishing

Sorry. Meant "in the area" of the Kenai and Kasilof rivers and fly out fishing.

Reply to: Soldotna Lodging & Salmon Fishing
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted