We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tianjin to the Great Wall

Burleigh Heads...
Level Contributor
18 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Tianjin to the Great Wall

Hi. I'm trying to find the best way to see the Great Wall from Tianjin Cruise Port. This request is actually for some of the staff on the ship including my daughter.

Is it quicker to go to Huangyaguan Pass or Badaling?

If anyone can recommend a driver or company it would be much appreciated.

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
21,343 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tianjin to the Great Wall

Huangyaguan is much closer to Tianjin (about 80 miles) than Badaling, which is much closer to Beijing. How much time do they have to visit the Wall? If they have more time to travel to Beijing it's better to visit Mutianyu section of the Wall.

Burleigh Heads...
Level Contributor
18 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tianjin to the Great Wall

Unfortunately not a great deal of time. They are usually in port 9 - 3 which means they would have to be back at the ship at 2pm.

Any suggestions for the best way to get there? I'm thinking they will have to hire a driver for the day.

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
21,343 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tianjin to the Great Wall

Yes they'll have to hire a driver, esp with the time limit.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
10,140 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tianjin to the Great Wall

Given time/distance constraints, go to Huangyaguan and prearrange a private vehicle/driver to do a port to port round trip.

Burleigh Heads...
Level Contributor
18 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tianjin to the Great Wall

My issue at the moment is trying to find a driver. I have contacted a company who told me it was not possible as it's a 6hr round trip. Google maps tells me 4 1/4 but of course google maps isn't always right. Does anyone know acurately the time to get there...or a driver?

6. Re: Tianjin to the Great Wall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Tianjin