We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to stay right on the beach!

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
28 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Places to stay right on the beach!

Hi all, Myself & my husband are planning for a holiday to kovalam during the last week of august, how is it in august? Can i know which is the best pace to stay on the beach.

Should we book all inclusive or just bed & brekfast works fine? are there enough places to explore for good food, like its in goa?

This is our first time to kerala, we just have 3nights & 4 days, Can anyone help me as to what all places can be covered in this time?

I know i've put up too many questions.... but any kind of suggesstion will be great! thanks

Kovalam
Destination Expert
for Kovalam
Level Contributor
2,145 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to stay right on the beach!

Hi

As to August weather please take a look at :-

freemeteo.com/default.asp…

for historical weather data.

I would personally just go for board alone in my experience places that include breakfast only provide a couple of eggs some toast and a pot of tea, there are 32 restaurants along the beach alone each serving cuisines from around the world to choose from.

As to best place well that is a matter of choice whilst some like the beach front others do not like the noise from nighttime revelers and music from bars or the sound of the waves crashing on the beach. just look at the hotels section within TA to get some idea of what is available.

There are loads of trips to do from day excursions to overnight house boat trips, again it is down to your own preference as to what you personally like to see or do. Ask local taxi drivers for advice and look at the taxi rates for trips which are posted around Kovalam.

Hopefully this has given some help, if you need more then please feel free to PM me.

Regards

Ian

bangalore
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to stay right on the beach!

Hi moonlite

It is good time you have to choose the month of August.becoz you can watch the onam celeberation with colour ful nights. in beach you can choose your own choice of foods, it is best place you can choose hotel grandsea it is very close to the beach and more read the hotel through the trip advisor.

sumesh

tour analyst and reporter

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,888 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to stay right on the beach!

You may think of The Leela, Kovalam. Its right on the beach, in a quiet atmosphere.

Kovalam, India
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to stay right on the beach!

August is the begining of season. So if no rain (hopefully) then the sea would be good. You could do a 1 day trip to kanyakumari, one day for trivandrum sight seeing and may be one day to relax at the beach. If you want back water (house boat ) then Alleppy (3 hours drive one way ) is the best but then it will become a little hectic. As august is not a high season getting rooms in Kovalam would be fairly easy. And there are lot of hotels on the light house beach. Seaface, Pappukutty, Jeevan, Sagara, Thushara to name a few. You can take bed&breakfast and may tryout various beach restaurants for other meals.

Sth Wales
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to stay right on the beach!

We are staying at the Leela from August 14th -27th. We have stayed in Kovalam at this timeof year before and it's been really nice weather. Never stayed at the Leela but at the Sea Face, which i love and is right on the beach and the Uday Samudra which has a beach location but personally I wasn't that keen.

Perhaps we'll see you at the Leela or in Kovalam?

My concern is that it's been 4 years since we've been and the reports on the beach have ben worrying. Can anyone enlighten me on this?

We are flying on the 13th so it's not long and i'm soooooo excited I love it there.

Cochin
Level Contributor
369 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Places to stay right on the beach!

Luxury - Leela ,Taj Green Cove,Turtle On the Beach

Deluxe - Udaya Samudra ,Travncore Heritage ,Estuary Resort ,Poovar Island resort ,Etc.

Standard - Soma Palm shore ,Kovalam Beach Retreat ,Club County Etc

7. Re: Places to stay right on the beach!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2011, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Kovalam