We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3N/4D in Kovalam - Suggestions needed

Delhi
Level Contributor
121 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
3N/4D in Kovalam - Suggestions needed

Hi..

We are planning a big family of about 10 people travelling to Kovalam in Nov.

- Please suggest a good 5* Hotel : Taj or Leela. Which is better?

- We have 2 full days and 1 half day to ourselves. The flight from Delhi reaches by 3 PM. Please give us ideas to best utilize this time. We want to cover Kanyakumari, experience backwaters, local sightseeing, etc

- Also wanted to check if there is any sunset cruise (starting at about 6 PM) where in we can have dinner on-board.

cheers

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 3N/4D in Kovalam - Suggestions needed

Hi

I have stayed in the Taj and the Leela in Kovalam and they both are beautiful hotels. If i had to choose i would choose the Taj, it just pips the Leela in my opinon.

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 3N/4D in Kovalam - Suggestions needed

if you want to stay in a better value and cost effective hotel than i can not recommend uday sumudara in kovalam. Fantastic 4 star hotel at a great price (less than half the cost of leela) great staff great value

Kerala
Level Contributor
261 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 3N/4D in Kovalam - Suggestions needed

i would say ' the class' of Leela is totally different from other resorts...

Udaya samudra is of a different category if compared to TAJ / Leela

Delhi
Level Contributor
121 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3N/4D in Kovalam - Suggestions needed

I agree... Taj & Leela are in a different league.

Thanks guys for your Hotel suggestions.

I need some help on planning 2.5 days that we spending in Kovalam. Your thoughts and expereinces are welcome...

Cochin
Level Contributor
371 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3N/4D in Kovalam - Suggestions needed

with out any doubt Leela is much better tahn Taj Green cove

6. Re: 3N/4D in Kovalam - Suggestions needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2010, 13:39
New Delhi, India
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3N/4D in Kovalam - Suggestions needed

If you would like to stay in budget 3 star hotel near by light house beach you can take hill and sea view beach resort ,eight minute walking distance to the beach

Kovalam, India
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 3N/4D in Kovalam - Suggestions needed

On the arrival day you may relax and enjoy the hotel you are staying in - Taj or Leela - Its all about your taste. Leela is more close to the Light house beach, which is on of the most happening place. Regarding the boat cruise, in poovar (ie 45 minutes from kovalam) there is a back water cruise for 2 hours. Its really nice and very different experience. And there is no sunset cruise as such, but in poovar there are restaurants in the lake and would be some what a close experience to what you are looking for. Second day morning head to Kanyakumari. On the way you may see the Padbhanabhapuram palace and also sucheendram temple. This will be a full day trip. Next day you could go to Sree padbhanabha swami temple in trivandrum and may be some local shopping. Be back before evening as kovalam is at its best in the evening. Romantic and Rustic at Dusk.. May be walk around in the Light house beach to experience the essence of Kovalam Beach

9. Re: 3N/4D in Kovalam - Suggestions needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2011, 05:24
Get answers to your questions about Kovalam