We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kovalam and kuramakom

Johannesburg, South...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
kovalam and kuramakom

We are a family of five travelling to India in nov/dec. Included in the group are my dad aged 77 a teen aged 14, We plan to end our trip with a five day break at a resort in Kerala. should we book all 5 nights in one resort or break up into 2 day and 3 day segments. We intend booking at the Taj Vivanta resorts

UK
Level Contributor
156 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: kovalam and kuramakom

The roads in India are not so good. It will take a long time to travel from Kuramakon to Kovalam.

I would suggest two days in each place. The journey will take a minimum of one. The Taj in Kovalam is a very good hotel (but please remember it has no real beach) and you will need to walk about ten minutes (including a hill) to get to and from the beach unless you go by road. Also Taj in Kovalam is not really near lighthouse beach with its less expensive restaurants.

I have not stayed at the Taj Kuramakaon although I have visited it for lunch. It should be fine for what you want.

Johannesburg, South...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: kovalam and kuramakom

Thank you for your response. Is there another hotel you would suggest for kovalam.

UK
Level Contributor
156 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: kovalam and kuramakom

Thanks

I suggest you look at the hotels on Trip Advisor.

Leela is a large five star hotel with a Club section (ie a hotel within a hotel). It is a little pricey but has excellent views. Again it is not on LightHouse beach.

Kerala, India
Destination Expert
for Kumarakom, Alappuzha, Kochi (Cochin), Kerala
Level Contributor
2,656 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: kovalam and kuramakom

if you are thinking of staying at Kumarakom , then arrive at Cochin Airport . Kumarakom is 2 hours from there . From Kumarakom to Kovalam it would take around 4 hours drive , so 2 days at Kumarakom and 3 Days at Kovalam would be ideal and book your return form Trivandrum airport which is 30 minutes drive

5. Re: kovalam and kuramakom

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2012, 17:14
UK
Level Contributor
156 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: kovalam and kuramakom

dear all

I think the reply above refers to Radisson Plaza Resort and Spa Hotel in Kumarakom. There is no Radisson I am aware in Kovalam.

The distance between Kumarakon and Kovalam is 175 kilometers - so half a day is about right.

Set off in the morning - have a leisurly lunch and then watch the sun set at Kovalam with a couple of sundowners

Johannesburg, South...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: kovalam and kuramakom

Thank you for the advice. Our international flight is out of cochin so we will be be following the the advice but in the reverse order. Landing in Trivandrum then 3days kovalam and 2 days kuramakom.Any ideas for houseboat rental in allepey.

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: kovalam and kuramakom

That seems to perfect. Check out River Escapes, supposed to be very good operators but very premium.

Kerala, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,656 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: kovalam and kuramakom

Radisson doesnt have any more resort tie-up in Kumarakom , it is now called The Zuri Resort

Kerala, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,656 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: kovalam and kuramakom

if you are choosing Kumarakom lake resort, Taj Vivanta, Coconut lagoon, The Zuri etc they have their own houseboats or tie-ups and packages with stay at resort + houseboats . i feel the rates might be slightly higher than if you book directly with the leading houseboat operators but quality of service assured

Get answers to your questions about Kovalam
Recent Conversations