We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

third rock

wiltshire england
Level Contributor
5 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
third rock

thinking of going back to Kovalam next month. Can anyone name the waiters in the third rock at present ? May seem trivial but this is our favourite cafe and we became very fond of all the staff on previous visits and would like to know if they are still there.

Romford Essex
Level Contributor
113 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: third rock

Hi, Sarg is still there and I think JJ will be returning (if he's not already) when things get a bit busier

Regards

Lynn

wiltshire england
Level Contributor
5 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: third rock

Many thanks Lynn. Just what we wanted to know. Regards, J and J

London, United...
Level Contributor
892 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: third rock

Will be there soon. Where is 3rd Rock. May visit. Anyone know anything about Rockholm Beach that they could share. thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
892 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: third rock

Again re the 3rd Rock. Just read some reviews. Any idea of prices etc. Just a few and beer so I can get the picture so to speak.

Is it easy enough to get back to Lighthouse Beach at night from there?

Thanks

wiltshire england
Level Contributor
5 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: third rock

Hi london 1947, the third rock is on Samudra beach. The prices are not frightening, the setting is lovely and Santosh (the owner) along with JJ and Saj ( the waiters) are absolutely delightful. Do not expect fast food; each meal order is cooked from scratch which does take some time. We have spent most of the last 25 years travelling and this small cafe is in our top 3 world list. You will need a Tuk Tuk to and from lighthouse beach area. We used to haggle a return trip price with the driver and agree a pick up time at the third rock allowing plenty of time for a slow meal and the odd beer. Hope this helps. John and Jill

London, United...
Level Contributor
892 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: third rock

Sounds nice. Would be good to have some sort of idea of cost etc. Do they accept payment by card?

Is it possible to walk from Lighthouse? Obviously returning by tuktuk. Thanks

Level Contributor
3 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: third rock

We have been going to the Third Rock for 5 years now - just love it. Great location, good food and lovely staff who we count as our friends. You cannot pay by card, I don't think. Will be arriving in Kovalam again on 26 January.

Edited: 06 January 2013, 01:14
wiltshire england
Level Contributor
5 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: third rock

you could walk to the third rock basically staying along the beach. It would be a bit up and down and take 30 odd minutes . John and Jill

yorkshire
Level Contributor
63 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: third rock

I was really disappointed to see how much rubbish has now been dumped in the area very close to the Third Rock. Business has not been good for them so far this season and I'm not surprised given the piles of rubbish and burning going on very close to them. I don't know why they and the surrounding businesses do not do something about it.........maybe a clean up day....

London, United...
Level Contributor
892 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: third rock

The walk sounds good, exercise wise, so to speak and tuktuk back. We are lovers of Tandoori chicken! Hak chicken, a curry , one rice and nan bread would be sufficient for me and my wife to share.How much you think that would set us back?

Pity about the rubbish! Smells rats etc come to mind!

Get answers to your questions about Kovalam