We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Massage

Glasgow
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Massage

anyone recommend a good place for massage. i always feel the hotels, which usually offer it...kinda rip you off and i'd rather give my money to the locals...

any ideas / suggestions welcome

ta

flying off next Thursday 4th Jan... :-)))))

The Hague (Holland)
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Massage

Contact Dr. Sambhu and his wife Dr. Hema. They are the best in Kovalam.

I attended their treatment during the month December and am feeling totally fine, being home in Holland now.

ernestsalsa@gmail.com

Mentioned in this post
Kovalam
Kovalam
Thiruvananthapuram District, India
Glasgow
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Massage

well they cant be proper doctors surely........i mean that takes at least 6 yrs in university...............so what's the score here

The Hague (Holland)
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Massage

He is already doing this 15 years, has 4 clinics in Kovalam and Trivandrum and one in USA (Illinois) and is travelling whole Europe between May and October. They are in fact one of the only really registered doctors there. Look at their web site http://www.kovalam.com/ayusha/

I don't understand why you think that they did not have their education?

Mentioned in this post
Kovalam
Kovalam
Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum)
Thiruvananthapuram...
The Hague (Holland)
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Massage

And another web site http://www.ayushya.com/consultants.htm

Glasgow
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Massage

ok great...thanks.

i just thought maybe they refer to themselves as doctors as in medical doctors, but maybe they have doctor studies in massage and alternative therapies......

thanks for info and websites.

:-)

The Hague (Holland)
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Massage

The great thing about both doctors (google to "B.A.M.S. ayurveda" for further information about their education) is that they are perfect in English and a lot of other practitioners are that bad in English that you can't properly discuss with them about the treatment and so. Mention that you can stay in the clinic (upper floors) for not more than 550 rupees per night (very big rooms there). You're certain then of warm water ...............

And a last remark about education in India. Sambhu told me that there is hardly a country in which children have to study that hard. In Kerala all children start with 4 years to learn mayalayam (the language of Kerala) and with 6 they start learning Hindi and English. Children of 4 years old already had exam stress before Christmas. If this is good for their bodies and minds is something to discuss, but all parents in India are totally aware of the importance of studying well.

Have a good time in Kovalam.

Mentioned in this post
Kerala
Kerala
India
Kovalam
Kovalam
Mirfield, England
Level Contributor
496 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Massage

We returned on Saturday and had 3 massages at Jeeva Ayurvedic Cosmetic Clinic, Nr Hotel Moonlight, Temple Road, Kovalam. wwwhealthandheritage.com. For info contact Dr Aju G George, Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery. Tel +91-9847066625, email: drajugeorge"rediffmail.com. Dr George has been on television throughout Europe. Ladies did our massage. We had a full body massage lasting 1 1/2 hrs for about 10 pounds. Highly recommended. Massage followed by herbal bath.

Mentioned in this post
Kovalam
Kovalam
8. Re: Massage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 14:18