We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hang Chau Express Boat Ticket Costs 24 USD

HCMC
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
Save Topic
Hang Chau Express Boat Ticket Costs 24 USD

Dear guests who are planning to take speed boat from CHAU DOC to PP or from PP to CHAU DOC

I have just called the HANG CHAU EXPRESS BOAT company to check for the new cost for tickets, I was informed that due to the high cost for the vietnam petrol last week 19300 vnd/ litre, the company adds 3 usd for the ticket, now it costs 24 usd for one ticket

The VISA to CAMBODIA still costs 23 USD for one guest

Have a good trip !

Best regards

JASON SSS

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
4,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hang Chau Express Boat Ticket Costs 24 USD

You are aware that they are supposed to quote the price in VND?

They may also quote in USD, but at least then the unsuspecting traveller can calculate the exchange rate they apply.

Quoting USD only is not legal, as far as I know.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8,466 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hang Chau Express Boat Ticket Costs 24 USD

It's probably Cambodian owned!

Denver, Colorado
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Hang Chau Express Boat Ticket Costs 24 USD

Hi Jason -

We are planning an early August 2011 trip to Vietnam and Cambodia (fly to Hanoi...down coast..to HCMC then to PP and Angkor Wat..fly back to US from PP). Do we need to buy tix on Hang Chau to PP in advance? We are traveling with 2 teenaged kids...is the boat a better experience than the Mekong Express fast bus?

Would welcome any other advice too...!

Becky

4. Re: Hang Chau Express Boat Ticket Costs 24 USD

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 March 2011, 23:05
Edited: 04 March 2011, 23:05
Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,755 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hang Chau Express Boat Ticket Costs 24 USD

Ian, you're fairly new to the Vietnam forum so probably don't know that in the main Jason's tailor-made tours of the Delta have prompted positive reviews by forum members over the years, or that he has made a substantial number of very helpful contributions to the forum since 2007.

Ok, he sometimes makes the occasional factual mistake, but none of us gets it right all the time, do we?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,818 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hang Chau Express Boat Ticket Costs 24 USD

Jason is for the most part, well liked on this forum and certainly well known...you're not going to get rid of him with a few harsh words.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
13,275 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hang Chau Express Boat Ticket Costs 24 USD

Old hand/ new hand; liked or disliked; makes no difference.

As a regular traveller up and down Mekong and cross border by road I found that post wrong. As such, I called it like I saw it. So be it.

Credibility comes from factual accuracy - not length of time on forum - nor number of postings.

So there it stands.

Regards. Ian

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
13,275 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hang Chau Express Boat Ticket Costs 24 USD

And in regards to Maz1,

No intention to" get rid of any one" off forum, as you so quaintly put it.

My interests lie only in factual accurare information.

I would, however, be more interested in seeing Maz1 make substantive and factually accurate comments.

I know my Mekong and its tributaries.

Best regards. Ian

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,818 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hang Chau Express Boat Ticket Costs 24 USD

whatever!-

i've seen far more 'factual' and pompous posters come and go from this forum

Edited: 04 March 2011, 22:52
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
13,275 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hang Chau Express Boat Ticket Costs 24 USD

Whatever maz1,

I'll be around for quite a while so get used to it.

Indochina has been and remains my patch in good times and in not so good. See ya!

Rgds. Ian