We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chau Doc in Christmas, and trip back to HCMC via Long Xuyen?

Which Chau Doc hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bangkok
Level Contributor
72 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Chau Doc in Christmas, and trip back to HCMC via Long Xuyen?

G'day all,

Me and my gf are spending xmas in Chau Doc. I have some thoughts on where to go and what to see (some temples in town, the nearby Cham community, bird sanctuary and Sam mountain etc.).

Will any attraction be closed/restricted due to Christmas Day? Would St. Laurence's Church have a service?

Also, we're planning to take a bus from Chau Doc to HCMC on Boxing Day morning. I've seen there are many buses from Chau Doc to HCMC over 6 hours. I'd like to split the journey and maybe stop in Long Xuyen in the middle, visiting Tiger Island there etc. How feasible is this - are there buses easily available in Long Xuyen as well?

Chau Doc, Vietnam
Level Contributor
67 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chau Doc in Christmas, and trip back to HCMC via Long Xuyen?

Hi dears,welcome to Chau Doc. your plain to visit Cd is good. Cd is small city so u can stqy 2 nights. rent motor bike for visiting Tra Su forest,boat trip round on river,Sam mountain for sun set or sun rise.CD ' SChristmas busy at the church, Victoria hotel also selaprate Christmas party,you can join .Then take bus to Long Xuyen about 1h,cross the ferry to homestay in Lx maybe 2 nights too if u not hurry, good for bycicle round in village also boat to see floating market as well. U can ask with the owner homestay if he can help to book the bus to sai gon,so the bus pick up u from the laind befor dep time that more easy way then u have to go to bus station.

Have a good time.

Lyon, France
Level Contributor
3 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chau Doc in Christmas, and trip back to HCMC via Long Xuyen?

Hi,

Could you give me good plans if you visited the bird Tra Su forest ? In our hotel we are asked a price much too high.... We arrived yesterday, Chinese New Year's Day, hosts on holiday. We leave tomorrow morning... Maybe you'll see my post too late. Thanks anyway.

Chau Doc, Vietnam
Level Contributor
67 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chau Doc in Christmas, and trip back to HCMC via Long Xuyen?

Hi dears,

happy to hear again from you but trip advisor ehow me your letter to late. Any way pay for motor bike to Bird santure bike motor bike included motor boat and rowing boat in the forest and motor bike back to your hotel only $ 17/ pax, not included tip .should book the bus tickets befor go 4o forest, its busy now.

Have a good time, sa. More quettions pps contact.

Lyon, France
Level Contributor
3 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chau Doc in Christmas, and trip back to HCMC via Long Xuyen?

Thank You ! My problem Is 50 km on bike. Too much for bad backs.... taxi we are asked 120$....

Chau Doc, Vietnam
Level Contributor
67 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chau Doc in Christmas, and trip back to HCMC via Long Xuyen?

yes, come 25kms, and back 25kms. try to ask taxi about $70 for come and , can they that or no, so sorry im work with tourist againcy but right now im not in chau doc, so hard to help u. cause new year....take good care.

Lyon, France
Level Contributor
3 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chau Doc in Christmas, and trip back to HCMC via Long Xuyen?

Thank you. In the end we were able to get an nice English speaking guide. We went to Tra Su with him by taxi, just a little bit by motobyke. That bird forest is marvellous. Never seen anything like it. Really Worth going !

Then we went up the Sam mountain (again with taxi), and back to our hotel. This cost us 80$ for 2 people, tips not included, and we were always the 2 of us + guide, taxi and boat.

We found the price reasonable, as only taxi was half of this price (taxi had a meter)

His name is Wang, and I can give his phone number in a private message.

Thank you anyway, and happy new year !

Chau Doc, Vietnam
Level Contributor
67 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chau Doc in Christmas, and trip back to HCMC via Long Xuyen?

Hi. happy to hear that u enjoy.

Anothe time.

8. Re: Chau Doc in Christmas, and trip back to HCMC via Long Xuyen?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2015, 06:19