We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train to Sapa - the truth!

Which Sapa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Train to Sapa - the truth!

Heya.. we are travelling to Sapa in November on our Honeymoon and dont want to stay at Victoria hotel or use their train. So..... which is the next best train to get in terms of comfort and cleanliness? We're not big germ-o-phobes.. but I really would like something clean and nice. Definitely would like a 2 berth cabin too.

Any help would be appreciated!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Train to Sapa - the truth!

Hi Wollongong,

Beside Victoria train, there are Phuong Bac, Livitran, Tulico...be comfortable, clean and full facilities ones.

For your Honeymoon, Chapa Garden hotel in Sapa is an ideal place with privacy, freshness and romantic moments. Or Boutique Sapa hotel is also a worthy place for couple. Its unique, difference and beautiful view will make you have wonderful feeling.

Happy travel and Good luck!

Tracy

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Train to Sapa - the truth!

Hi Wollongong,

Beside Victoria train, there are Phuong Bac, Livitran, Tulico...be comfortable, clean and full facilities ones.

For your Honeymoon, Chapa Garden hotel in Sapa is an ideal place with privacy, freshness and romantic moments. Or Boutique Sapa hotel is also a worthy place for couple. Its unique, difference and beautiful view will make you have wonderful feeling.

Happy travel and Good luck!

Tracy

3. Re: Train to Sapa - the truth!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 July 2009, 10:35
Vietnam
Level Contributor
283 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Train to Sapa - the truth!

Hi Missey,

Can try King Express, service is OK like Livitran or Toulico

Ans should stay at CHA PA GARDEN BOUTIQUE http://www.chapagarden.com/

Rate about usd 63 nett per double superior/night with breakfast

Good trip & sweet Honeymoon!

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
686 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train to Sapa - the truth!

I agree with the above post, Chapa Garden would be perfect for a honeymoon!

For trains, we used Fanxipan, booked a whole four-berth cabin for the two of us, and the upper bed were folded up so we had our privacy. There were 2 toilets in the carriage, at least one of them western, and separate nook with washbasin. Definitely clean and nice!

e-travelvietnam.com/Fanxipan-Express-Train.a…

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
105 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Train to Sapa - the truth!

I just checked on the trains going to Sapa from Hanoi. What's the differnce in ride and comfort when it says wooden carriage?.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13,177 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Train to Sapa - the truth!

It's best to get one of the newer carriages, and I believe that the Green Train is the newest of the bunch. All the carriages are rather similar and you'll have no problems with cleanliness. I've been on both King Express and Livitrans and they're just as clean as you get in the West. Whatever you do, don't book the plain Jane (the state run cars on that train).

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,213 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Train to Sapa - the truth!

Hi travlelbug

The interior of the cabin is built with simulated wooden panelling to make it look nicer and hence forth higher fare.

Ride and comfort is still the same with other carriages.

Cheers

New York
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Train to Sapa - the truth!

I second what Daawgon said...

"Whatever you do, don't book the plain Jane (the state run cars on that train)."

Sydney
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Train to Sapa - the truth!

Hi Missey

Have just returned from Sapa. We took the Livitrans Sapa to Hanoi and the King Express on the way back. Both were really clean, Livitrans toilets were better; that said the King Express toilets were a lot cleaner than metro train toilets in Australia. King Express beds were longer and softer, so my husband could lie flat at 6 foot. On Livitrans he couldn't lie flat, and as they were hard it was uncomfortable to lie on your side. So for us King Express was better, however would reccommend both. We took a 4 beth and sharing was fine. If your looking for a travel agent I reccomend Viet: adventure_vietnam@hotmail.com

He booked our tickets, delivered them to our hotel and took us to the train station and our cabin. It made a hassle free trip and he was very professional. I also reccommend Chapa Gardens as the place to stay.

L