We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The last leg of our trip...Sapa

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
The last leg of our trip...Sapa

Just wanting to know as we will be on the last leg of our trip we are thinking of doing the 4 night trip ( 2 night train) to sapa at the topas eco lodge, is sapa worth the long trip there and back and do you feel exhausted after the 4 day trip?

As we will be travelling back home a couple of days after we are looking for a more relaxing end to our holiday but dont want to regret missing out on sapa.

Is their much to see and do here or would it be worth skipping??

And has anyone booked with Hanoi Elegance Diamond hotel tours

with sapa or even halong bay??

Thankyou in advance!!

Trekking Sapa
Multi-day Tours, Walking Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Vietnam Nomad Trails - Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Bike Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours
Trails of Mountain Travel
Eco Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Private Tours
Brisbane
Level Contributor
114 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The last leg of our trip...Sapa

We booked the Dragon's Pearl trip to Halong Bay with Elegance Diamond. Nice, new vehicle to transport us to Halong Bay, with only 9 of us on board. Dragon's Pearl trip was fantastic and comes highly recommended. We travelled with two teenagers and they loved it as well. However, can't comment on Sapa.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,497 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The last leg of our trip...Sapa

If you think you'll regret not going to Sapa then I think you should go but you don't say which month you're travelling this may make a difference bith to Sapa and Halong Bay.

We were also on the Dragon's Pearl and loved it.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
574 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The last leg of our trip...Sapa

People have different expectations, I cannot highly recommend to do it or not. But based on our experience, 10 of us were glad that we did it. We had 2 full days, 1 to visit Bac Ha market in the morning, and 1 to do trekking. Group or private tour also make a difference.

Also agree with Chrella about the weather.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The last leg of our trip...Sapa

We will be at Halong bay & Sapa in mid March 2012.

With our luggage we will leave it back at hanoi and just take hand luggage for a few days and have only the minimal.

I have had a look at the Dragins pearl boat and it seems nice but the rooms seem a little basic as we are willing to spend a little on the boat as this will be our time to relax after travelling for nearly a month. Any Suggestions?

Thanks again!

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
110 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: The last leg of our trip...Sapa

I have been to Topaz Eco Lodge. It is actually outside of Sapa town but once there it is quite relaxing! I am pretty sure they have trekking options if you do end up getting the urge. And, considering how hot and humid it is in Vietnam right now, the cooler weather in the Sapa region will be a breath of fresh air to say the least! I don't think you will be disappointed.

Safe and happy travels!

FP

Calistoga...
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: The last leg of our trip...Sapa

I just visited Sapa in early August. It was awesome trip, much experience with Hmong ethnic group. From Aug to Nov is best time to visit Sapa.

Ha Long bay was fanatic too with a lot of islets & islands. Sapa you have take longer time with 2 nights on the train and Halong just 2 days 1night on the boat so it depend on your time.

Safe travel

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
217 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The last leg of our trip...Sapa

jcarp58

Can you please tell me how much you paid for the dragons pearl junk?

We are a family of four who would really like to experience halong bay but don't have an unlimited bank account :(

Your help would be greatly appreciated

Tracey

Australia
Level Contributor
384 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The last leg of our trip...Sapa

We are booked on Dragons Pearl in November and are paying $125 per person.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
114 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The last leg of our trip...Sapa

We paid the same - $125 each.

10. Re: The last leg of our trip...Sapa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12 September 2011, 11:05