We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3D/4N - Full package tour rather than Separated??

Hong Kong
10 posts
Save Topic
3D/4N - Full package tour rather than Separated??

I will have budgeted tour to Sapa 3-6 / Aug for 2ppl

planned to have 1 day trekking, 1 day bac han market

For budget with superior hotel standard, is it cheaper to have package from hanoi to hanoi booked in advance rather than booking train ticket myself and book local tour at sapa town??

also, it is possible to book train ticket at hanoi on Thu for friday night train?

Thanks!

Charles

Trekking Sapa
Multi-day Tours, Walking Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Vietnam Nomad Trails - Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Bike Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours
Trails of Mountain Travel
Eco Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Private Tours
Pennsylvania, USA
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3D/4N - Full package tour rather than Separated??

Yes, it is possible to book your train ticket in Hanoi on Thursday for the Friday night train. Just go to the train station and buy it. You'll need to know before you go which train car you want to go on. Various companies have different train cars in tourist class. For more information on this see:

seat61.com/Vietnam.htm#Hanoi%20-%20Lao%20Cai

You could also ask your hotel in Hanoi to arrange this for you.

It is also possible to look on the web and decide what hotel you want to stay at in Sapa and then email them for the following:

1. hotel room

2. transportation from the Lao Cai station to Sapa

3. treks and tours you want

Most hotels post the prices they charge for various treks so you can comparison shop on that as well.

Please be aware that if you take the Friday night train you will arrive in Lao Cai on Saturday morning. The Bac Ha market will be on Sunday. If you can delay departure for a day it will be better because if you arrive on Sunday morning then you can go directly from the train station to the market, saving the trouble of going all the way to Sapa and back.

Hanoi
Level Contributor
456 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 3D/4N - Full package tour rather than Separated??

Bac Ha market is on Sunday morning. You said you will take a 3D/4N and I think that you should take a night train on Thurday night. Friday and Saturday is spent for trekking tour in Sapa with 2 night at Hotel and Sunday for Bac Ha tour 1 day, then you will be back to Lao Cai during a day to take a night train back to Hanoi. Train and Hotel can be easily pre book and the rest can be arranged when you arrive in Sapa or another option is that you ask travel agency to arrange an organised trip for you. Trains are always busier at weekend then weekdays. So it is a must to pre book it.

Hanoi
Level Contributor
734 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3D/4N - Full package tour rather than Separated??

normally organize tour by your self is cheaper but book package tour to make sure everything. You should book in advance to avoid out of ticket, especially on the weekends.

Hong Kong
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 3D/4N - Full package tour rather than Separated??

RE Tecalli

Thanks. i will take it!

RE Sapasunshinetravel.

your schedule was our plan. but my flight is on Thursday afternoon.

anyways, i will book hotel and train first than rest when arrived sapa!

RE Vietnamtraveltip

Thanks, i will keep reminded of the shortage

Hong Kong
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 3D/4N - Full package tour rather than Separated??

also, by former post. i narrowed choice of train to Livitrans or Fanxipan,

question is where can have cheapest round trip ticket of them if i want 2 beds in a "room"?

and will it has a free shuttle service from old quarter/hotel to train vice verse and from Lao Cai to sapa?

thanks again

Ha Noi
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3D/4N - Full package tour rather than Separated??

you should book on Friday because you will have time to relax and visit Ha Noi at night.and it is better for you full package tour because it is cheaper and safer

Edited: 07 July 2012, 03:28
7. Re: 3D/4N - Full package tour rather than Separated??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 July 2012, 12:05
sapa
Level Contributor
316 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 3D/4N - Full package tour rather than Separated??

The first step you must to book the train tickets from Hanoi station to Laocai station as their websites: www.kingexpresstrain.com, www.fanxipantrain.com or www.livitrans.com they are all good the same. Then ask your hotel for arrange some tours, its much cheaper when you book in Hanoi.

And as you said you have 4days in Sapa, right? We think that, should do 1night in the village to get more experience, it will make you more happily.

Have a good trip!

9. Re: 3D/4N - Full package tour rather than Separated??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2013, 05:15