We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sapa Villages

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
47 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Sapa Villages

Can anyone suggest a day tour to 3 villages, would like to visit a variety such as Red Dao, Tay, Giay. Intend to do a 1 day tour to Bac Ha market 1st, so would like to visit villages that do not attend the Bac Ha market. Also cannot walk to far as I have problems with my left leg swelling after surgery. I have heard of Russian Jeeps combined with motorbikes, does anyone know of a tour company that does this. Will be spending 2 nights, 3 days in Sapa, or I might extend it to 3 nights.

Thank You

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sapa Villages

You can take a moto-taxi (xe ôm) to visit some near-by villages: Cat Cat, Lao Chai - Ta Van.

By the way, Bac Ha is better for its Sunday Market

Hanoi
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sapa Villages

when you come to Sapa. You can ask the hotel staff to hire a jeep and driver /xe ôm (moto-taxi) to visit the ethnic village

Edited: 15 May 2013, 10:07
sapa
Level Contributor
316 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sapa Villages

If you want to visit the villages of Black Hmong, Red Zao and Tay people, you can go along this tour (Home-stay tour):

Day1: Sapa - Ylinh Ho - Lao Chai - Tavan (Home-stay)

Day2: Tavan - Giang Ta Chai - Su Pan - Ban Ho (Home-stay)

Day3: Ban Ho - Nam Toong - Nam Keng - Thanh Phu - Jeep back to Sapa

In this tour: You will have a chance to see the all hilltribes people in Sapa: Black Hmong, Red Zao, Tay , Xa Pho and Zday people.

By the way, Motorbike not recommended due to it too dangerous for you.

Cheers

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
47 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sapa Villages

Thanks for the advice, how much walking is involved on the above tour? And what is the name of the homestays?

sapa
Level Contributor
316 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sapa Villages

Each day, it takes you around 5hours of medium trekking and first night you will be staying with Z Day' family in Tavan village and second night at Tay' family in Ban Ho village.

Cheers

Moscow
Level Contributor
854 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sapa Villages

How much can one do and see around these villages by scooter? Or is this completely unrealistic?

sapa
Level Contributor
316 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sapa Villages

Motorbike quite dangerous because somewhere in sapa the roads very bad. in order to safer should trekking is better.

8. Re: Sapa Villages

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2014, 07:16