We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus to Sapa

Which Sapa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, New South...
Level Contributor
44 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Bus to Sapa

I am thout getting the bus to sapa and was wondering where it will drop me off? Do I need to pre-arrange to be picked up, or will there be some form of transport to take me to my hotel?

I haven't booked anything yet, but will probably stay in the market area.

I could book a 3 day, 2 night trek including soft sleeper train tickets and all meals for $120. Do you think it will be cheaper to book the trek when I am in town?

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13,537 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus to Sapa

Bus from where? It's unclear if you mean from Lao Cai or Hanoi.

sapa
Level Contributor
316 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus to Sapa

I agree with Dragon, it's too hard to advise you how to get on the van to Sapa or how to get on the van to the hotel, you should ask more clearly.

The firstly you should book the transportation from Hanoi to Laocai by night train or by bus. Then book the hotel in Sapa nearby the market as your expectation.

Trekking to the villages or home-stay you can book it via your hotel with reasonable price and ask for store luggage during the trek even you can shower after the trip.

Have a nice day

Sydney, New South...
Level Contributor
44 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus to Sapa

Sorry for being unclear, I should have read my post properly before creating the thread.

I am currently in Hanoi and would like to get the bus to Sapa. From the above reply it sounds like the bus will drop me off at Lao Cai. Will there be transport available at the bus station to take me to my hotel in Sapa? If so, how much will this cost?

I am travelling alone. Will it be hard to join in with a group if I go to a travel agent in town or am I likely to have to pay for a private trek?

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
183 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus to Sapa

Hello,

You can take Vietbus (284 Giai Phong Street) and Hung Thanh (575 Nguyen Trai Street). Their offers are quite fair with a big bus (35 seats) with beds, TV, air conditioner and a free water bottle. These buses both depart from My Dinh bus station. The price will be around 12US$ - 15US$.

Arriving in Sapa town, you can trek by yourself with a local guide. You also can contact with a good travel agent or your hotel in Sapa for sharing a group trek if they are available.

Have a good trip - Asianway Travel.

5. Re: Bus to Sapa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2013, 13:05
Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus to Sapa

There is no public bus to Sapa. Only have the coach from HAnoi to Sapa. You could find them from My Dinh Bus station

7. Re: Bus to Sapa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2014, 05:17