We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

info visit

Turin, Italy
Level Contributor
491 posts
186 reviews
Save Topic
info visit

I will be 'two days in Sapa, which are the most' beautiful to see? markets? cities'? landscapes?

I would like to get around without a guide, maybe renting a scooter, and you think 'possible?

thank you

Hallett Cove
Level Contributor
363 posts
425 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: info visit

Markets not open all the time...check with your agent. There are many sightsaround the town that are interesting with little restaurants along the way. There are some good walking trails and the local area is picturesque qnd interesting. I found thge town very interesting on its own.

Sapa, Vietnam
Level Contributor
222 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: info visit

Hi

You can rent a motor ride around Sapa by yourself, it is about 5$/day without gas petrol.

You should visit the amazing rice terrace fields, this time is one of best time to visit landscape in Sapa

The Sapa market is opened every day, not easy to ride a motor to some other markets, it is too far

Sapa original trek

Turin, Italy
Level Contributor
491 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: info visit

Tnx for respose, where i can see the beat terrace rice?

Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
71 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: info visit

On the way down to Cat Cat village. Beside terrace rice, you also can see warterfall

Sapa, Vietnam
Level Contributor
222 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: info visit

Hi

Woa... There are too many places for rice paddy fields.

You should take a motor about 2-3 days, you can visit all of place in Sapa.

Sapa - Ban Khoang village - Ta Giang Phing village - Love and silver waterfall - heaven gate - Sapa ( 1 day )

Sapa - Matra village - Taphin village - Sau Chua village - Muong Hoa valley ( Lao Chai - Tavan village ) - Giang Ta chai village - Thank Kim village - Sapa ( 1 day ).

They are best places for rice fields

Sapa original trek

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
22,329 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: info visit

Be aware that to hire a motorcycle of larger capacity than 50cc, you need a Vietnamese driver's licence. Otherwise you will not be covered by insurance and any accident you are involved in will get extremely expensive.

sapa
Level Contributor
316 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: info visit

Never recommend travelers get motorbike in Sapa area due to the roads very bad and if you do not want to bet your life. You can walk to the villages nearby the town by your self, it much more safer than on the motorbike trip.

Cheers

Vietnam
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: info visit

Hi Fabrizio

The highway from Hanoi to Lao Cai will be opened on September 2014 so that you can go to Sapa directly by bus (cheaper than by train). It takes only 7 hours to get there ( daily departure at 7.30am or 20:00). I have ever booked Sapa Express Bus (15 usd/pax/way, includes mineral water, wet tissue, wifi).At Sapa, if you want to see terrace rice, you should visit Shin Chai-Catcat Village or Lao Chai-Ta Van Village.

Have a good time in Sapa!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: info visit

It's really a very small town the attraction is the landscapes. I payed for a guide and it made a big difference. Great place to ride a bike (yes, you should probably be aware or the risks).

I took an overnight train and a shuttle bus to Sapa paying as I went. Negotiate fiercely for the shuttle bus price.

Great experience.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
10,107 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: info visit

Coming from Italy you have probably grown up on a Piaggio or Vespa which is fine for normal streets but the muddy trails around Sapa are not suited for scooter travel.

I am an experienced rider for 57 yrs and I came off over the handle bars on a water crossing. Fortunately I was wearing leather gear and was not injured. I also have a Vietnam drivers licence.

Stick to hiking it's safer.

Safe travel.

Pierre

Get answers to your questions about Sapa