We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need advice -debating between Toledo,Segovia,Salamanca,Avila

Which Avila hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Detroit
Level Contributor
576 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Need advice -debating between Toledo,Segovia,Salamanca,Avila

My husband and I are working on our itinerary working on day trips/overnight trips from Madrid. We have time for one or two side trips. Which of the four cities would you recommend, and why? What is the main point of visiting Avila?

We are leaning towards Toledo and one other but are open to suggestion. Thanks!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
569 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need advice -debating between Toledo,Segovia,Salamanca,Avila

I visited Segovia, Toledo, and Avila as day trips out of Madrid. I really Avila! If I have to choose one Toledo or Avila, I'll definitely choose Avila! But Toledo was once the capital of Madrid so tough choice! I posted photos of each city so maybe you can take a look and decide?

Segovia: …blogspot.com/2013/08/madrid-day-3-day-trip-…

Toledo: …blogspot.com/2013/08/madrid-day-4-day-trip-…

Avila: …blogspot.com/2013/08/madrid-day-5-day-trip-…

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
57,532 posts
3,576 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need advice -debating between Toledo,Segovia,Salamanca,Avila

Phishkabob:

For two day trips from Madrid I recommend Toledo and Segovia. Read about these day trips in the top questions of the Madrid forum.

3. Re: Need advice -debating between Toledo,Segovia,Salamanca,Avila

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2014, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Avila