We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Options for getting from cappadocia to Antalya, Cirali?

bozeman
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Options for getting from cappadocia to Antalya, Cirali?

Cirali sounds really wonderful. Any help on transport options from cappadocia are much appreciated. Thanks

Babylon, New York
Level Contributor
171 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Options for getting from cappadocia to Antalya, Cirali?

I've been planning a trip now for 3 months, and the best way I found was overnight bus. To fly you have to connect thorugh Istanbul (lots of travel time) or you can drive it (also lots of travel time, if you have limited time).

good luck with your planning!

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,892 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Options for getting from cappadocia to Antalya, Cirali?

Very easy...take the 9 hour night buses from either Goreme or Nevsehir to the Antalya bus station...you will arrive at about 7am ....

The next major bus station to Goreme is in the city of Nevsehir (10km).

Buses to and from all major towns and cities in Turkey (and beyond) stop in Goreme daily. Some of the bus companies serving Goreme are: Suha, Metro, Goreme, and Nevsehir.

read here please;

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297983-i5867-k175…

once there at the bus station transfer to a smaller bus ( Antalya Tur, Bati Antalya, Cicek tur ) for the continual part of your journey..

Cost is about 8 - 10 TL ( turkish liras ) per person and run from 6am until 8pm about every 1/2 hour. In the summer months they will run more frequently. Make sure you tell the driver to drop you off at the Cirali ( CHIR-ALI ) junction. Once you are at the Cirali junction there should be no problem to get the mini-bus service to the village center about 7 kms. Cost of mini-bus is around 5 YTL per person.

You may have to wait a little bit for more passengers to arrive to take this mini-bus ( dolmus ). They will not go into the village unless there are at least 4 or more passengers..

or an easier and quicker option would be to have the hotel or pension arrange a private transfer and pick up at the Antalya bus station upon your arrival in Antalya..however you will need to make sure they have the arrival time and the bus name along with your details to pick you up

Also you bus tickets from Cappadocia can be arranged by your hotel..just ask them ..I am sure they will help..

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,892 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Options for getting from cappadocia to Antalya, Cirali?

Drmontana99 ..be sure to read bonniemichelle's trip reports and that of the transsportation between Cappadocia and Antalya..make sure you buy your tickets 1 or 2 days before your planned travel to Antalya..or have the hotel/pension in Goreme arrange the reservation of bus tickets for you..but you usually have to pick up your tickets before 6pm on the departure night...

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k2733…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k2730…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297980-i4564-k272…

4. Re: Options for getting from cappadocia to Antalya, Cirali?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2009, 05:26
Get answers to your questions about Cirali